Chapter 2

"I don't get why Ashton didn't come over. He's so lame." I said for the one billionth time today. It was Saturday and Eddy and Sam were currently sitting on my bed as I laid flat out on my floor. It's been a week since Sam swirlied his way into our lives and he couldn't be happier. I do call him Jellybear sometimes but only when he's over at one of our houses. He's really fun to be around and he tutors me in Biology.

"What are we gonna do?" Sam asked. I just shrugged and sat up.
"We should get ice cream and go to the park or something." Eden suggested.
"You want to, Jellybear?" I asked, making him smile with his braces showing.
"Sure." He said happily. All three of us stood up and walked out the door. As we walked up the hill to get to the ice cream parlor, I jumped on Sam's back making him carry my weight the rest of the way up. If you pictured Sam, you would think scrawny and weak but that's not really the case. He is actually quite strong but still really skinny.
"Mush!" I yelled as he began walking a little faster. When we finally got to the Ice cream parlor, Sam was breathing heavily.
"Man. Heavy lifting not my thing." Same said.
"I'm not that heavy." I said lightly hitting him in the stomach.
"What kind of ice cream do you idiots want?" Eden asked as she stood in the short line.
"I want cookie dough!" I said excitedly.
"I want strawberry sorbet!" Sam replied making us look at him with confused faces.
"What?" Eden asked.
"I forgot to mention that I'm lactose intolerant and will probably puke if I eat ice cream. Do they have sorbet here?" Sam asked looking a little flustered.
"I actually can't answer that question." I said.
"It's fine. I can just sit with you guys until you're done." He said looking slightly glum.
"Awe. Sam." Eddy said. Sam just looked down at the ground.
"So you can't have any dairy?" I asked. He shook his head. "So no pizza?" He shook his head again. "Frozen yogurt?" I added. Once again he shook his head.
"Well. We'll have to see if they have something for you then." Eddy said with a small smile. He nodded and smiled back.
When she was next in line she walked up to the woman at the front.
"Do you have anything for someone who is lactose intolerant?" She asked.
"We make homemade sorbet." Eddy looked over at Sam and smiled before looking back at the worker.
"That's great! We'll get a scoop of strawberry sorbet, a scoop of cookie dough ice cream and a scoop of chocolate ice cream."
"Anything else?" The worker asked.
"Nope. I think we're good." Eden said.
"That'll be $11.49." The woman said. Right as Eddy was about to pull out her wallet, Sam has already pulled out his and was handing the woman the money.
"Sam. You're too sweet." I gushed. He just shrugged as blush tinted his cheeks.
We sat down at a table outside and just talked and the conversation never died. There was always something to talk about.
"Sam. With all of the clubs you are in, don't you have any other friends?" I asked hesitantly.
"People don't really like a little know it all who doesn't talk." He said quietly.
"Well, I do." I said smiling lightly at him.
"Why did you stand up for me last week? That was like social suicide." Sam asked. It wasn't fair that he had to feel this way.
"I did it because you are a human being and I want people to know that. Plus, people don't really seem to like me that much either." I explained confidently.
"I'm sure they don't hate you." Sam suggested with a quiet tone.
"I can't keep my mouth shut. I'm always brutally honest and people hate it." I say taking another bite our of my ice cream.
"You guys wanna go to the park now?" Eddy suggested. We both nodded and stood up and threw away our trash.
We made our way out of the parlor as I hopped back on Sam's back.

When we got to the park we sat down on the swings and started talking comfortably.
"What is your guys' one childhood dream? I know it's random but I'm curious." Sam asked out of the blue.
"Well. My childhood dream was to get a boyfriend and have the cutest relationship ever. That obviously hasn't happened." Eden answered. They both looked towards me. Eden looked at me knowingly.
"My childhood dream has always been becoming Prom Queen but I don't know if that's gonna happen since I'm not that popular." I said.
"I'm sure it could happen." Sam said.
"What about you, Jellybear?" I asked trying to get off my topic.
"My childhood dream was to make some friends who didn't make me to do their homework for them." He said with a slight smile.
"Well. We're here and all we've done is asked you for answers to questions we didn't understand so you're welcome for being a good friend." Eden said putting a hand on his shoulder. He chuckled lightly while shaking his head.
"Hey! What are you three doing here?" Someone yelled loudly. It almost sounded like Brady. Almost. Sam started shaking as I looked around frantically. There was a tap to my shoulder so I turned around and who was standing there? Only my best friend since kindergarten.
"Ashton! You scared the crap out of Jellybear!" I playfully yelled slapping him lightly on the chest.
"Sorry Sam." He said.
"I-It's fine." Sam responded still shaking slightly.
"Jerk." Eddy muttered. Ashton looked over at her before hauling her over his shoulder.
"What did you just call me?" He said as she bursts into a fit of laughter.
"Nothing! Put me down you doof!"
Ashton set her down and ran back to the swing she was sitting on and sat down.
"Awe. That's my swing." She said making a puppy dog face.
"Too bad." He replied. They looked at each other with expressions that I knew too well. I could just tell that they had something. They just didn't know it yet.

My best friend, Zoe, gave me a great idea to add to this book. Hopefully I don't forget to write about it. Vote and comment your thoughts. Buh bye!