I will protect you

The apartment was unusually still and silent as the three demons rested after their fight with Olba and Sariel.

Maou glanced at his two generals from the top of his manga that he had been pretending to read.

Ashiya was lying in his futon covered in bandages, as he had taken quite the beating from Olba, glancing at the ceiling blankly.

Urushihara wasn't faring too well ether as he had curled himself into a small ball, making him look smaller than he usually was. He wasn't even on his computer, he was just staring at the blank screen.

Seeing his two generals in such a state made him feel depressed. He knew they were blaming them self for ether getting hurt (Ashiya) or feeling as though the whole event happened because of them (Urushihara).

Sighing, Maiu put his book down and stood up from the table, instantly grabbing the attention of the two occupants in the room.

"Sire?" Questioned Ashiya, sitting up the best he could but lay back down when Maou gens tired for him to do so.

He made his way over to Urushihara, who by this point was looking at him with questioning eyes.

Without a word, Maou picked him up in bridal style and carried him over to Ashiya were he gently lay him down next to him as he went to grab the other futon, two pairs of curious eyes followed him.

He rolled it out so it was shoulder to shoulder to Ashiya's futon.

He picked up Urushihara one more time placing him in the middle of the two futons before lying down on the other side so that Urushihara was sandwiched between Ashiya and Maou.

Feeling the weight of their stares, he finally spoke.

"Go to sleep you two, don't worry, I will protect you."

They both looked at him, surprise evident in their gaze but he could also see gratitude lingering there as well.

They both glanced at each other, forest green meeting amethyst purple, as if confirming that they weren't dreaming. When they realised they weren't, the finally settled down and fell into a peaceful slumber, snuggling into each other for warmth.

Maou watched over them as he waited for their breathing to be even, before gathering the two in a protective embrace.

As he gazed at their peaceful faces, he made a resolve. He would protect these two, his last remaining generals, his family.

He had almost taken his generals for credit in Ente Isla but now he could see how much they truly meant to him.

Taking one last look at them, he slowly fell into a light slumber. As the three demons slept they were unaware of the content smiles on their faces as they snuggled up to each other for warmth.