04 | SHARING SECRETS

ONE SHOT FOUR
SHARING SECRETS
0:52 — 0:57
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It was a typical winters day outside. Light layers of white snow coated the Hogwarts grounds, and the icy winds forced the students to stay in side. Most people despised the cold weather, but there were a select few who chose to take advantage of it. For example, a day like today saw Lily Evans curled up by the fireplace in her common room, reading one of her favourite books.

Every thing was still. The only thing that broke the everlasting silence was the crackling flames of the warm fireplace. Lily was in her element; all she had was peace and quiet. And a good book, of course. But she should've known that it was all too good to last. Soon enough, a very frustrated Sirius Black came stomping in the room, the tranquility leaving for good.

"What are you doing?" Lily frowned, placing her book gently on the table in front of her. When the boy didn't respond, she cleared her throat and spoke in a more assertive voice. "Sirius? What are you doing?"

"Oh, sorry Lily, I didn't see you there," Sirius responded vaguely as he chucked the cushions that belonged on the couch, behind him. "I'm looking for Peter."

"Under the cushions? And the chairs?" She added as he lifted up a wooden chair at the table across the room. "Are you serious?"

Sirius paused for a second and looked up at her. She'd walked straight into that one. "Yes, I am Sirius." He sighed exasperatedly. "But I'm looking for Peter. Have you seen him?"

Lily didn't bother answering his question. "You're mad."

There was a short silence, and Sirius took a deep breath. "We established that a few years ago, Lily-flower. Actually, that was established in my family several generations ago. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go look for Peter under James' bed."

Lily just frowned at the boy in question, but didn't even attempt to understand what was going on in that crazy mind of his. Honestly, he was bloody mental, but Lily had just learnt to roll with it.

"Whatever, Siri-bear."

The lanky boy bounded up the stairs, two at a time, as Lily shook her head and went back to reading her book. It had only been a couple of minutes, however, when Sirius ascended the last step, shaking his head annoyedly. Lily rolled her eyes, and placed her book down again, drawing the covers closer to her chin.

   "Didn't find him under the bed then?" She said sarcastically.

   "No," Sirius said, seeming genuinely confused. "I don't know where else he could've gotten to. Do you have any ink and parchment?"

   "Yeah, yeah, over there," Lily replied vaguely, pointing to a table on the other side of the room. Sirius dashed over there and collected what items he needed, and then brought them back over to where Lily was. He took a seat on the couch beside her and dipped the quill into the ink. "Did you consider looking for Peter, somewhere...I don't know, maybe somewhere that a human could logically fit?"

   "I'm writing a note to James, do you mind giving it to him?" Sirius said, avoiding her question smoothly.

   "I could just pass on the message, if you'd like," Lily offered, as she began reading over his shoulder. "Merlin Sirius, you need to learn how to spell properly. It's spelt with an 'a', not an 'e'."