Chapter 1

"'Hope' is the thing with feathers-
That perches in the soul-
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops-at all..."- Emily D.

As I was packing my stuff to get ready, many interesting ideas came into my mind. Those ideas seem impossible to accomplish, to an extent at least.

"Clothes, food, shoes," I mumble to myself. It felt like I missing something, but nothing came into mind. I take a glance around the room. It was full of pictures. Graduation, first date, and many great memories. I'm going to miss this. Even taking things with me is not enough. I'm going to miss the feeling of this room.

Every time I enter the room, I could smell the scent of old paper, dust, and mostly dirt. Bookshelves, filled with large 5-inch spines and other little underwater monsters book, are in sight. The beautiful, shiny sunlight reflecting off the main window of the room. My room always felt symmetrical, not creative. It felt plain, nothing to see, nothing new.

Hopefully the chamber feels like this rusty, but memorable room. Anywho, that chamber is going to be my home for a while. Hopefully just for some weeks; I will accept one or two months. These people must understand: I volunteered to help them in their research, not being their guinea pig.

Being lock away from society. No, that's not enough interpretation of the this story. Being lock away from my planet.

I don't have many family members, That I know... Most of my family members died between the ages 20-30 years old. My family tree isn't the best tree you can find. In reality it will stop with me in days... Clara, my girlfriend, we were supposed to get marry when I get back from this expedition. How I am going to miss her. 

As I was about to close the door of my house, I remember something that I must bring for this experiment. My 3rd anniversary gift, a photo with Clara. It was the first time we went into an amusement park. When I got inside my car, I felt the chills running down my spine. I have not felt this feeling in a long time.

I could feel the breeze, almost as if it's saying goodbye and have a nice trip. I have never seen this neighborhood like this. Hysteria...That's the only way I could express the feeling.

As I got closer to the military base, I could see people with white coats running back and forward with a spirit.