Chapter 1

"Bye mom, bye dad!" my sister, brother, and I shout.

      Today we are driving a couple hours down to a cabin for a Christmas get away with our grandparents. We do this every year so it's pretty normal. But I don't wanna leave my house.  The last couple of days have been horrible. I hear stuff in my basement. I hear it when I sleep. Something is following me. Who is it? What do they want?

       "Two hours until we get there!" my grandma exclaims. 

     I act excited but I really don't want to go. 

    We get to the cabin, it's raining. We bring in all of our stuff and begin to settle in. I walk in the front door and there is an upstairs that is half a story so you can see the top story as soon as you walk in. A railing lines the edge of the top floor. Upstairs is a room to left where my grandparents sleep. And to the right is an open room with two beds where me and my sister sleep. 

    In the downstairs is another bed room, for my brother. I feel bad as they tell us where we will sleep because I know my brother is scared. He hears the things in our house too. We text mom to tell her we are okay. 

BANG! I FREAK out and look around, my grandma laughs "it was just the washing machine."

    *loud scream* I look around. Everyone seems to be acting normal. I ask them if they heard that. They look at me like I'm crazy. I walk upstairs alone. Blood dripping downs the walls of the new but rustic cabin. I don't know what to do. I look in the mirror of the bathroom and on the mirror writes "GET OUT" I call my grandparents up there to see. It's gone now. They walk back downstairs and say "OK we are going to eat, everyone get in the car." I'm the last to leave, I close the door and hurry out.