Chapter 1

I arrived at the base and was soon given a room deep inside of the base itself.

My thoughts were broken by a strange and nervous voice. " Ah... Miss Dragon". I quickly turned around to see a Solider standing there.

" That would be me and you are...."

The man's eyes went wide before snapping it to a salute before continuing " I am Lt. Commander Sheppard Ma'am. The General wish to see you right now Ma'am"

I started to laugh lightly because of his reaction to me asking his name. Once I got my laughing fit under control I said with a smile " At ease solider. I just want to know your name. And you may lead the way to the General's office". The Lt. Commander quickly turned on his heels and started speed walking down the hallway.

After about five minutes of complete quite I choose to break the silence. " So how long have you been stationed here for Lt. Commander Sheppard"

" Been here for six years now Ma'am...." he stopped midstride and bowed his head before continuing " I knew Adam too" after saying that he lifted his head and continued forward to the General office. " He brought a smile to everyone's face. The months that followed his disappearance were the hardest for everyone on base" he added sadly.

"Were the two of you close" I asked

The Lt. Commander looked back over his shoulder when I asked before turning back forward and saying " Everyone on base was a friend to him. I was in boot camp with him and Major Fox and a couple other men that's on base here. Here we are Ma'am General Lang's office" before he quickly turned on his heels again and basically ran from the door.

I looked after him slightly confused before shaking my head and went to knock. Before I even got the chance to knock on the door it was thrown open by a young man. He almost ran straight into me but I quickly side stepped to avoid him. I cautiously walked into the office to see an older man with graying black hair with a scowl firmly implanted on his face.

" General Lang you wished to see me" I asked

" Yes I did, your here not by my choose. So, don't be pestering my soldiers that are on duty with your silly little questions about your investigation. The off-duty men are fine to ask your stupid questions to but if I catch you asking one of my on-duty soldiers I will not hesitate to send you packing back home with or without this investigation complete" with each word he said his voice rose to a yell. "Do you understand me!!!!!" He yelled.

" Yes sir I do understand. There was no reason to yell" I stated calmly. With my one simple sentence his vein in his forehead started to stick out. " And sir with all due respect I am here to find all the missing men not just my brother"

"Get Out!!!!! Major Fox will show you back to your quarters" he yelled. As I touched the door handle I turned back to him and said " Sir I will find your son". His angry face fell into one of sadness at the mention of his missing son. "Ma'am just go" he said softly as he began some paperwork that sat on his desk.

Closing the door softly as I exited his office. I turned around to find the young man from before who almost ran into me.

" Hello Ma'am I am Major Fox I'm here to show you back to your quarters" he said with a smile before turning on his heels and walking down the opposite hallway.

After another five minutes of complete silence. (people here must not like to talk or something) I broke the silence. " So Major are you on duty right now??"

" No I am not Ma'am I just got off duty a couple minutes ago. Why do you ask??" he said looking at me confused.

" Oh I can't ask question to on duty people is all" I said quickly suddenly feeling stupid.

" Oh......well do you have any questions for me the Ma'am??" He said with a smile.

"Well maybe one or two...the Lt. Commander said that you know my brother" I said looking at the ground.

His stride slowed down for a moment before resuming. He hesitated before say " Yes Ma'am I knew your brother. We went to the same boot camp. May I ask why you are asking??? Everyone on base knew Adam."

" Well the Lt. Commander just mentioned your name and no one else. He did say 'and a couple others' But that is not a name. So, I'm guessing you three were close. Or was it something else?" I said

The Major suddenly came to a halt before saying "The three of us went on tour together right after boot camp. Adam was the one who wanted to come to the base for a year or two. Dakota ah.... Lt. Commander didn't want stay here after" he licked his suddenly dry lips and swallowed the forming lump in his throat before continuing " Adam vanished I didn't want to leave and for him to randomly show back up." As he finished he started to fidget with the cuff of his uniform.

 A/N This is an old story I started awhile ago so if you guys or girls want more please comment so I know if I should continue with it. Thanks!