Chapter II: Yummen and Sain

"Their responsibilities are pulling them apart..."

IT WAS as cold as his eyes, the night that Yummen Zilliantx first met Thedeo Sain Ziellhie. Someone robbed her bag, and he led her way to him. Sain thought she suspected him for being the robber's accomplice, but turns out Yummen knew he was a Ziellhie all along. And the reason for dissing him out was because she did not want to go near the life of any Assassins anymore.

Not again.

Ironically, she's surrounded by too many. And one fateful day, another added too close on her radar.

It all started with a message for Horio that their fates, from just a meeting, becomes tangled to each other.

It was before Yummen's life become complicated and tight. Before the war that had happened 3 years ago at the Southern continent even took place.

'I got a job for you-- Sain' Those were the only worlds that was scribbled in the letter that Sain sent to Horio by their eagle courier. Because he had a job with Yummen and the other's that time, the leader of LEN only managed to come see Sain a week after receiving the letter.

"It's been a while Sain." They are at the highest tower at Central. It is the Ziellhie's favorite spot because in there, the wealthy and the barbaric portions of Central could be perfectly seen. All the screaming and all the laughter are mixing up in the air, giving Sain the odd sensation of peace.

He, the red-haired Assassin is sitting on the edge of the sky scrapper, while his eyes are fixed at the world below them.

"Yo." Mahinang tugon ni Sain bago dahan dahan ng lumingon sa bagong dating na lalaki. Mula bata ay kaibigan na nya si Horio. Tutol man ang ama nya sa naging koneksyon nya sa isang normal na bata sa labas ng mansyon, ay hindi iyon naging hadlang upang sabay nilang libutin ang buong Eula. Nagkahiwalay lamang ang dalawa ng napagdesisyunan na ni Horio na sumali sa LEN, na syang pangarap noon dahil sa mga magulang nyang mga retiro bilang myembro. Kinailangan naman ni Sain na pumunta sa ibang United Worlds upang magawa ang ibang misyon mula sa Council, at para patibayin na din ang koneksyon sa ibang Assassin Clans doon. Magkaibang daan man ang natahak nila, ay hindi pa din nalimutan ng dalawa ang kanilang pagkakaibigan.

"Heard you almost died." Patuloy ni Sain sa pagbati kay Horio na napangiti na lamang din habang lumalapit. "Also heard that my brother saved you with his friends." Bahagya namang nanlaki ang mata ni Horio sa sunod na narinig. Hindi napigilan ni Sain na mapangiti sa nakitang ekspresyon ng kaibigan, at ibinalik na muli ang mata sa tanawin sa baba. "I knew already. I bumped into their group before I even sent you the letter."

Napabuntong hininga na si Horio sa kakalmahan ng pagsasalita ni Sain. Alam nyang matagal na noong hinahanap ang nakababatang kapatid, at alam din nyang isang Ziellhie si Tray noong una nya iyong makita. Ngunit halos nagmakaawa na ang batang Tray upang maging sekreto ang katotohanang iyon. Kaya sa huli ay napapayag na sya na hindi magsalita ng patungkol doon kahit kanino, kahit pa sa pinakamatalik nyang kaibigan. "Sorry. You're little brother was too cute back then. I could not say 'No'." But Sain just dismissed the topic with an approving smile. If it were the time wherein he's still in dilemma of finding Tray, then he may had choked Horio to death by now. He had been searching for almost a decade for his little brother. And Horio keeping it from him, wherein he knows the most his pain of losing him, would seem like a betrayal.

Still it is how he feels, but seeing Tray so well living with his friends like how he was with Horio back then, totally calms his nerves.

There was a few more short conversations about their travels after that, before finally, Sain stated his favor.