1

"I've fallen in love.. and I wouldn't know what to do if you just left. Don't ever just, leave. At least tell me."

"But what if I have? I wouldn't know."

"Yes, yes you would. It's a different feeling than just liking someone. Love. Love Kirst, is something you can't explain."

"But you did."

"I didn't. I could sit here all day and confess to you. It's different. I can't though. You wouldn't be ready."

"I am."

"You don't know what you're ready for. I'm going to get my things ready for class tomorrow." He began to walk off.

"Avi?" In the voice of concern.

"What."

"Nevermind."

Then he left me alone.

~*~*~*~

I'd never began to realize how exhilarating running was. Well, especially when your heart wasn't already going in a unhealthy pace before even beginning to. Nice cool sweat dripped down my face each time I left the ground. I wasn't disgusted but rather relaxed and calm.

Before I knew it I was opening the door to my home. According to Avi.

I unzipped my jacket quickly, putting it onto the rack. My legs were a just a bit sore, not so sore that it was such a task to walk around from place to place. Instinctively, I wiped my hand across my face and looked at my hand. Gosh, what a mess I was.

I jogged up the stairs because I couldn't convince myself that I was done with cardio for the week. Though I'm already fairly fit-- I'd love to keep it that way.

The large house was one person less. I was used to it. But the vastness of it was what made me realize that I was alone. But even with one more person it would still definitely seem empty.

I walked out of my clothes as soon as I got to the bedroom, picking them up of course. I threw them in the dirty hamper and began the shower.

Oddly enough it seems as if each new chapter of a part of my life starts with a shower. Maybe it's a sign of saying "hey you get to start a new part of your life with a fresh clean body." Or possibly "you just shower often."

As soon as I saw the haunting steam creeping from in the bathroom, I knew it was time to hop in. Opening the door quickly then shutting it and taking off the rest of my remaining underwear, I began to lure myself into the pouring water.

~*~*~*~*~*

"How was class today?"

I sat on top of the bar stool, taking a big scoop of ice cream that I'd happen to rummage around in the freezer. Not because there was nothing in there, because everything is in there.

"It was great, mom." He rolled his eyes and sat next to me, staring down at my own ice cream.

"Oh no, you're gonna have to get some of your own buddy." I scooted the bowl far away from him.

"What if I don't want a whole damn XXXL large bowl?" He chuckled. I swung myself around to hit him. "Ouch.."

"Are you calling me fat?"

"I'm not calling you skinny."

I scrunched up my face at him, and proceeded to take after Avi sprinted across the living room into the dining room, a place in the house I've never been.

"Okay okay okay, I'm sorry!" He pleaded as I continued to pummel him, one after one.

I relaxed and backed off. "No but really what did you do today?"

"Well, nothing much. But work. Scott said he misses you."

I smile at the thought of a way taller Scott tapping at Avi's shoulder for attention, at hopes of getting a response.

"Aww," I squeal.

I'm only half way through my suspension; to be exact, a week and a half. I'm slowly starting to get use to being alone. Though I usually am, here it's different. Here there's more space to fill and more things to do.

I still constantly think about what happened a week ago; though it seems he's forgotten all about it. He's very confusing, or just amazing at hiding feelings. Maybe both. But every moment since then my mind lands back to that day. I cried to sleep. Don't know why. I do like him, but I can't say I love him if I don't even know what it means. I was never given enough time to be shown what it would feel like to be the giver or receiver.

I walked back over to my pretty much finished bowl of 'XXXL' ice cream, and rinse it out in the sink. Avi the puppy follows behind me, without my knowledge.

Turning around I became startled as hugged me, pulling me in by my waist. I giggled as he dramatically threw his large arms around me.

"Hey," he says before taking something from behind his back and handing it to me. "For you, I realized you didn't have one, so I bought one for you. I hope you like rose gold." I grab the white box and furrow my eyebrows

"Wha- Oh! Thank you!" I hugged him. He handed me the phone upside down by accident. I looked at the box in amazement.

I went upstairs, Avi always following suit. He began to get attached to me, which is something I was afraid of. I didn't want something to happen to my feelings, and then for him to be following someone who doesn't even...

Anyway.

I plopped on the bed , causing it to sink lower than it usually does. I opened the box quickly, and immediately turned the phone on.

The screen lit up white, with an apple looking back at me. I smiled. "Thank you, I've never had an iPhone,"

"What did you have?"

"Jesus, the last phone I had was a flip phone. There's a long story to why I broke that one, got a way better phone, then broke that one." I laughed, but he looked at me, dead ass.

"I've got time," he announces, sitting down beside me on the bed.

"Well okay so remember when I told you about how I ditched my mom? So she kept trying to call me from that phone, so I took out the sim card, threw that in the water. So I got a new phone, somehow she managed to get my number, so I stomped on that. The end." He looked at me with surprised eyes, then nodded.

"I bet you regret that, don't you?" A hint of a smirk coming across his lips.

I frowned. "Yea. I do. I miss her, I doubt she misses me. Or missed. Hell if I know she's still alive," He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Let's not jinx that. Okay?"

"Okay."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Just a way to start off the sequel!

Hope you enjoy this chapter--and many more of course.

Vote and Comment

Peace and Harmony - Nyah