13

Yea I'm sorry this book still exist, do y'all still enjoy this book or should I.. we can talk about this later. Go on...

"Holy shit we're actually here," I stated in realization. My gaze was still fixed upon the window which the sign stood that was plenty of feet behind us now.

Avi reached to touch my hand squeezing it lightly. Hesitating before he spoke, he sighed heavily "Yea."

He obviously didn't know what to say to me. He was probably holding back something but refused to say it, probably fearing it would make me more nervous or scared than I already was.

"The hotel we're staying at isn't far from the subdivision, so in the morning-- well I guess later in the morning-- we can take our time. Is that okay with you sweetheart?" For such a bass filled voice, he made it sound so light and tender.

"Mm." Was all I could say as I looked over the dashboard to see the road.

As we began to yield, he looked down at our hands and intertwined our fingers quickly as he eased on the brakes. His thumb lightly grazed the side my index finger as the radio softly played Weak by SWV.

I don't know what it is that you've done to me
But it's caused me to act in such a crazy way
Whatever it is that you do when you what you're doing
It's a feeling I want to stay

Cause my heart starts beating triple time
With thoughts of loving you on my mind
I can't figure out what to do
When the cause and cure is you

As the R&B 90 classics plays I close my eyes. I could relate to this maybe, no?

He pulls off, taking quite a sharp turn.

Suddenly, he kisses my hand softly. I can't help but smile at the small but loving gesture.

"Okay, I think this is the hotel." My eyes fly open to see the brown-yellowish lit building towering above us seemingly full of life and energy for 2 am in the morning.

Pulling into a parking space, we got out and took our things out of the car quickly. I wave of tiredness just washed over me and the only thing I wanted to do was to be up close and personal with the white sheets.

As I attempted to haul my suitcase out of the back, my exhaustion that came from an unknown source caused me to lose strength for a moment and lunge slightly forward. Avi sighs.

"Here, let me. Can you go check in for us? I'll get the bags if you don't mind." He gave me a warm smile.

I nodded, heading into the hotel. "Not a problem, go ahead."

I walked at a comfortable into the building, approaching the counter in no rush.

"Hello! May I get your name please?" The woman asks, awfully peppy for this time of the night.

"Er, Kaplan." I answer. The woman reacts accordingly, looking for the reservation. She pipes up, handing me over two card keys.

Again, she smiles. "Here you go. You have a nice evening. Enjoy your stay!"

I smile politely at the woman, walking away and sitting in to oh so comfy area in the lobby. The burgundy wool looking couches were calling my name.