Chapter 4: Near

Only 172 Jumps To Go... But Only 1.2 Days... I May Need To Take A Risk. Nearby There Was A Star Named "69 Lambra Eridani 5," It Was A White Dwarf. A Few Weeks Ago I Found Out That White Dwarfs Can Be Very Dangerous, But Also Provide FSD Boosts If You Fly Into Their Jets Of Matter. So I, The Cowardly Joshua Briggs, Decided To Go To It, It Would Boost My Hyperspace Range To 102.34 Lightyears For Two Jumps, Taking Away Approximately 94 Jumps, Which Would Save Me Around Two Hours.

When I Arrived I Saw The Most Wonderful Thing, I Was Suprised, And Slightly Scared, To See That The Star Had Rings Surrounding It, What A Wonderful Place It Was, I Had Never Dreamed Of Seeing Such A View

When I Arrived I Saw The Most Wonderful Thing, I Was Suprised, And Slightly Scared, To See That The Star Had Rings Surrounding It, What A Wonderful Place It Was, I Had Never Dreamed Of Seeing Such A View. When I Was Younger, I Would've Never Thought That This Would Be Seen Amidst The Stars In The Sky, Well, This Is A Star, It Was A Real Pleasure Flying By It, But Then I Remembered, I Had To Risk My Life For These Credits. With A Billion I Could Buy A Corvette, Build A Station, Buy My Own Star, The Possibilites Were Endless. All I Had To Do Was Get There, Get To Jacksons Lighthouse And I'd Be Done. I'd Be Finished

So I Flew Towards The Star, And Said Goodbye To My Soul, As If There Was A 100% Chance I Would Die During The FSD Boost. I Felt A Rush Of Fear Wash Over Me. I Had To Do It.

Flying At 7 Times The Speed Of Light, I Got Closer To The Star, And Flew Straight Into The Jet So I Wouldn't Regret It. My Ship Was Hurdled Around The Area, And My AI Stated "FSD Supercharged" As If It Didn't Care It Could Die Any Minute Now. I Heard Cracks, I Knew This Was Extremely Bad, If The Glass Broke Open, Then I Would Only Have My 45 Minutes Of Emergency Oxygen Left Before The Artificial Atmosphere Had Been Completley Breached. Crack. Crack. Crack. The Sound Seeped Into My Soul, I Felt Like It Never Ended, I Leaned Hard Against The Back Of My Seat, Feeling Crushed By The Intense Gravitational Forces. I Couldn't Imagine What Could Happen Next, I Tried To Accelerate, But It Just Got Worse, My Ship Was Spinning And Spinning And Spinning In A Loop That Felt Never Ending. Just As I Got Out Of The Jets. Crack. Crack. CRACK. Pfffft... The Glass Had Broken. My Heart Was Beating Outside of My Chest. Now I Had To Hurry. My Ships Alarms Were Going Off And The Escape Pods Were Becoming Loose. I Knew I Had To Do Something...

 I Knew I Had To Do Something