Chapter fourteen

Hilda sighs as she sits at her desk putting her face into her hands trying to ignore the jingle of her chains with each movement and the coolness of the metal against her skin

Hilda sighs as she sits at her desk putting her face into her hands trying to ignore the jingle of her chains with each movement and the coolness of the metal against her skin. She is thankful that she is still allowed to be a scientist but she has to be monitored and she must give a report of what she is going with a lie detector attached to her every day.

Those are the rules for her to stay as a scientist.

The major downside is that she is forbidden from any areas that has any major projects being done. Plus Orf has been taken away from her so that he can be modified to track not only where he is but everything that is being done to him... Along with not allowing him to be used in attacking or for defense unless special authorization is given... Orf will become mainly a companion for Hilda to have at her side since she isn't quite sure if she will be able to see Ash or Rusty or even any of her other friends now with how things are.

Hilda's arms drop to the desk below and she slightly face plants her head into her arms that are now very loosely crossed on the desk.

Then the door to the room that she is in opens making her raise her head then turn to see who has entered.

The Rose Prince Ray and the Mad King Ryan are the ones that are walking in as one of the two guards at the door closes said door.

Hilda's eyes narrow as her eyes come to rest upon the two. "What are you two doing here?" She questions a little sharply as she raises to her feet not even caring that her chair topples over in the process clattering to the floor.

Then the Mad King Ryan is removing his crown making Hilda's eyes widen as she watches quickly regretting her words and tone. He moves over to her seemingly slaps her but leaves a cut on her cheek at the strike thanks to the sharp part of the crown that he used.

Hilda tumbles to the floor with a bleeding and stinging cheek. She lays there for a few moments then looks up to the Mad King Ryan who is glaring at her.

"You will not speak to royalty like that." The Mad King Ryan hisses at her.

Hilda remains silent and stays on the floor. She knows that she will be of no help to Mogar and Vav if she is killed for her defiance against the new rulers of the city. She also knows that she is most likely disposable in the twos eyes because she isn't a trustworthy scientist with her connection to Vav and Mogar which is one of the main reasons that she cannot have freedom or access to certain things being done.

"Now that we have got that out of the way." The Mad King Ryan says placing his crown back onto his head. "We would like you to create an entire report on the items you gave my dear Rose Prince and Vav to be able to do what they did or well do." He orders. "We expect the report to include everything." He turns to the Rose Prince Ray who is standing next to him.

"Anything that you would like to add?" The Mad King Ryan questions.

The Rose Prince Ray looks down at Hilda with narrowed eyes that show not only hurt but rage as well. "Not really no."