t h i r t e e n

Don't forget to leave comments and vote 💕

He carried me all the way to the dark ground floor car park. I could tell that there were just us there, the only sound I could hear was his footsteps harmonized with my hitched breath. "Cheol-ah," I grasped his shirt while my face was still burried in his chest. "Put me down."

He stopped walking and looked at my face before gently putting my feet down, making sure that I could stand up on my own. "You noticed me?"

Seungcheol kept his shades in his jacket pocket and stared at me. His wide shoulders, his black face mask, black shades and black cap couldn't hide his identity from me, I've known him for years. A grown up kid who refuses to accept the fact that I'm one year older than him.

"You're stupid. The media will recognize you, your fans will. What were you thinking?" I slapped his arm and wiped my face. I knew I might look all smudged but who cares anyway, Seungcheol was like a baby brother to me.

He smirked at me and removed his face mask, "Well thanks to me, you'll be the hottest issue for tomorrow's newspaper. CNBlue Kang Minhyuk's girlfriend got attacked at a grocery store and was saved by a cool mystery man; sounds fancy, doesn't it?"

I rolled my eyes at him, although it was hard to do so because my eyes were puffy from all the tears drama. "What do you want, Choi Seungcheol?" I heaved a deep sigh. Seungcheol had always been this cold, but even that personality of him couldn't hide the fact that he really cared for me.

"A chance," he smiled blandly and looked away. "A chance that you never gave."

Not this again. With my head stooped down, I touched his right hand, "Cheol-ah,"

He pulled his hand from mine, "I tried, noona. I tried to focus just on my career these few years, but I can't help thinking about you. It's never easy, I've known you since we were kindergarteners. You're the first girl I ever cared for. You'll never know how crushed I was when you moved away,"

"Seungcheol, please.." my heart was felt like it was crashed by a plane. He was someone important for me in childhood. He was never near like a friend, instead he was my shadow who would care for me silently.

"No, listen to me, noona." He laughed and wiped the tears running on his cheeks.

"When we met again in highschool you were into CNBlue, you lived your life as a devoted fangirl. I became possessive, I wanted to be loved that much by you. I wanted your attention. I thought you'd like me as much if I became an idol, and so I worked hard. I auditioned, got accepted and I had to move school, I had to leave you to become an idol like I am now."

Seungcheol cupped my cheeks and stared deep into my eyes, "Look at me, Hyojin. I'm an idol now. This is all for you, but I failed, right?"

"Seungcheol," I wanted to say something but I could only sob. I didn't mean to do this to him but he was never someone who could make my heart beat. He was my dear baby brother that I cared for so much, until he disappeared from highschool and all I knew was he got into Pledis to start a trainee life.

"I'm tired of all these shits. I'm tired of silently stalking you. I'm tired of pretending that I don't care, I'm just tired of waiting for you to notice me." Seungcheol pulled me into a hug and hooked his face on my nape. I wrapped my hands tight around his waist.

My sweet little Choi Seungcheol had grown so muchㅡ physically and emotionally. Back then he couldn't even tell what he was feeling, but now he could let it all out clear and loud.

We stayed like that for a long silent five minutes before he broke the tight embrace and laughed, "Did Minhyuk sunbae-nim kissed you?"

"Choi Seungcheol!" I punched his ribs jokingly. He giggled, but a drop of tears fell from his eyes.

"Ah, so he did kiss you. Okay." Seungcheol smiled to me, but I knew he was crumpling inside. He nodded while stooping his head down and took a step back from me. "Take care, noona. I have to go."

And he never took even a last glance at me. He walked straight away from me, putting his black shades and face mask back on. It hurted me watching him walked away, as if a part of me left with him.