9%

derek

my eyes drift open and a beautiful girl comes to view. some strands of her brown hair are falling into her face, and i lightly sweep the stray hair over her ears, careful not to wake her.

just as i was about to put on my clothes that litter the bedroom floor, nate comes barreling through the door.

"god i knew you guys were gonna be in here," he mumbles, his face turning a deep shade of red.

his eyes rest on aurora sleeping on the bed, and wander to my surprised and slightly frightened expression. did i mention our very evident lack of clothing?

"what the fuck did i tell you aurora!," he screams, causing the girl to jolt up in the bed. her eyes instantly widened and i could tell she was scared.

"yo don't talk to her like that."

"don't talk to her like that? you don't get to tell me how the fuck i talk to her when you've barely known her for a month, where as i've known her for most of my life!," he shouts some more, coming dangerously close to me. "so i think you better shut the fuck up before i have to make you."

"nate stop!," aurora whines, getting up from the bed to put my shirt on, since it was the only available top garment in the room, walking up to us.

"get the fuck out of my house," he growls at me, now inches away from my face. his eyes burned with intensity and i was almost thinking about leaving peacefully, without any fight.

almost.

"im not going anywhere. it's not just your house nate, it's aurora's too. and im pretty sure she wants me to stay," i say, cocking my eyebrow upwards, challenging him.

before i can register what's happening, his fist hits my nose and blood immediately starts gushing down from my nostrils.

"what the fuck?"

"so you gonna get out of my house or am i gonna have to beat you out?"

i wipe the blood off of my lips with the backside of my hand and walk over to aurora, who's now trembling in a corner of the room. it's obvious she doesn't know how to react to this situation, and i really don't blame her.

i lean into her lips and kiss her, leaning my forehead onto hers after.

"it's okay princess," i whisper, stroking her hair.

i then turn my attention to nate who's looking at me through small slits made by his eyelids, and his arms remain crossed.

i extend the middle finger out to him as im leaving, and shut the door before he could pull me inside and beat me to death. you could say all the shit you want about nate, but you gotta admit that he's a pretty strong dude.

after im outside of the house with my body still in tact, i sigh, wondering where the hell im gonna stay now.