Chapter 2

This is freaking awkward.

I have been sitting here trying to eat my food and Nikki is smirking at me. Why? I have no clue.

"Do you have something on your mind?" I ask ever so politely although I want to punch that smirk off her pretty little face.

"Nope" and right back to that smirk.

"Stop smirking!" I say a little too snippy which makes us both jump a little "sorry.." I apologize calmly.

"You're my dads new girlfriend huh?" her face has so much confidence I don't even know what to say. I'm 21 and her father is about forty-something. Does he have girlfriends that are young like that? What am I here for?

"I'm not your fathers girlfriend. I'm here for a job and I believe it involves taking care of you." now it's my turn to smirk.

"No"

"Yes"

"Not possible!" She is starting to get upset. I can see in her eyes that she isn't as mad as she is disappointed.

"I'm sorry I needed a job. Mr. Sterling gave me this job. I have no where else to go." I apologize, trying to figure out why she is so disappointed.

She nods pushing her half full plate away from her, getting up from the table. I immediately panic. This is it, I'm going to have to leave.

I end up eating my food alone. I head to my room and turn on my stereo playing Marina & the Diamonds singing along, walking around the room, trying to think of what I can do if he tells me he doesn't need me. I could get more loans maybe... probably not. I haven't paid off my school ones.

My phone rings and I grab it off the nightstand.

"Hello"

"You will never ever guess what I want to do right now! I want to go to Prowl! Come on girl you need to come out with me. Please!"

"One: Liv I don't need to and Two: I don't want to go out on a Monday." I knew she was going to be disappointed but I can't keep following her around to all her clubs and then let her leave me stranded at the end of the night.

"Come onnnn! Please!" She was desperate. I could tell by the way her voice was.

"No it's my first day at the Sterlings but tomorrow. okay?" I could practically hear the smile at the end of the other line and I knew I had gotten myself into trouble. When with Olivia there was always trouble.

I hang up phone just when a knock comes to my door. I open it and lower the stereo. Mr. Sterling isn't that bad looking for a man in his 40s. He had like a Robert Downey face with George Clooney hair sorta style. His eyes were a beautiful aged gray. His smile was warm, although, I could tell he wasn't happy. Something happened. I instantly thought back to dinner. I'm getting fired.

"How is everything?" he questioned. I opened my mouth getting ready to speak. "I see that you are all settled in. I know that you will probably want some answers so we can talk about everything on Friday. I just want you to get to know Nikki and relax. You will be basically just making sure she gets to school and stays out of trouble. I'm gone from 8 in the morning sometimes until 10 the next day so most days I stay at my loft downtown. Marietta will be glad to fix you food or clean but she is horrible with teenagers. ha! l should know." he winks at me and nods leaving the doorway and me baffled.

As if that wasn't enough the door slams at the end of the hall making me jump. Nikki must have heard the whole thing. This will be interesting.

* * *