Chapter 1 ~ The Day It Came

Elissa woke up with a large smile on her face, today was her 7th birthday. She got out of bed and ran down the stairs into her family's large dining room. On the table sat a birthday cake, pancakes, and bacon. Then over to the left of her, chocolate milk. Elissa's parents, Jane and Ricky, walked over to Elissa and cheerfully said "happy birthday! We love you!" Elissa smiled and after hugging her mom and dad, says "thank you mommy, thank you daddy. I love you too." Elissa sat on the table and ate her food and drank her chocolate milk which was followed by a large slice of birthday cake. She had been hoping that she would get a "Just Like Me" doll. They where life size and Elissa had been begging for one ever since she saw it on TV. She scanned all the presents and sighed after not seeing a big one. Elissa then sat on the floor and began to open presents, she smiled and thanked her parents for every gift. Then her parents brought up and extra big gift that hadn't been on the floor. What they where holding was a "Just Like Me" doll. Elissa squealed and took the large doll into her arms. It was wearing a dress, Elissa had gotten that same exact dress as one of her gifts. The doll had brunette hair and green eyes, just like Elissa. Elissa thanked her parents and quickly ran upstairs to play with the doll, which would soon start a long journey.
Author's Note: hey everyone, so i haven't been on here in a very long time. I'm not continuing Gone but i'm very excited for this story. Please comment your thoughts :)