Chapter 14: the end

Angel's POV
"Now, I know you have been told this before but you need to remember to keep your composure in the courtroom." The sheriff repeated to me for the fourth time in half an hour as we awaited Erica's escorted arrival to the courthouse.

I wouldn't stop clutching James' hand and it comforted me feeling him holding onto me.

The police officials moved towards the door all with there hands to there holsters, the court doors opened.

A guard of five officers surrounded and restrained her.

Her wrists cuffed and her ankles shackled.

All eyes were plastered to her going down the isle of the courthouse, her posture was powerful and intimidating making me almost crush James's hand as her stare fell on me while she was cuffed to the defendants stand.

The judge went through the crimes and evidence but I couldn't hear a word all my thoughts were that of fear, Erica didn't even look the same.

Aside from being in prison attire, her whole physical appearance was different, her skin was pale, her eyes dark... She had all the characteristics of Erica but she no longer looked the part of Erica Robertson.

She really did have the appearance of a real serial killer.

"What do you plea, Erica Robertson?" The judge directed towards her, Erica's eyes never un-focused from mine

The judge repeated himself and just before he was going to do so again, she spoke.

"I plead guilty, take me to prison I will go in the same way I'll come out, time is my endless currency."

Her predatory glaze narrowed in even more on me before being taken away.

"You're safe now Angel." James pulled me into him pressing his lips to my head "We don't need to worry about her anymore."

The courthouse was cleared and as we descended down the staircase to the street, the Sherrif gave me a warming hug.

"Congratulations Angel, I wish you the best now that you can rest easy." He told me as I silently looked at him.

James spoke for me in thanking him for his hard work and protection.

James let me just sleep in bed and when I woke up he had ordered dinner and brought it up, setting up a movie to watch as we ate our dinner in bed.

"Do you still care about Erica even after everything's she's done?" James asked after he swallowed his food.

I dropped my fork onto my plate before moving it away from me, crossing my arms "Can we seriously not do this now? Less than a few hours ago I just saw her get put away for life."

"And her getting put away is a bad thing?" James argued, making me snap into red.

"It's none of your business how I feel you fucking asshole."  I grabbed my phone walking out of the room but James called out and grabbed my arm.

"I'm sorry okay, I just thought... The way you two look at each other... You know, I want to marry you and if you're going to be hung up on Erica then-" He brushed his fingers through my hair with a caring smile but I shoved him away.

"I'm leaving," I told him blankly as I started quickly packing my things.

"Leaving?! I just said I want to marry you?! I love you, Angel." He screamed holding his head not believing the situation.

Zipping my up suitcase and putting on my shoes, I turned to face him "I needed you for companionship, protection and a lay when I wanted it. Only, because I was scared and desperate, now I'm not so I'm going."