Chapter 15- Protection

(Harry)

She sneezes and lays her head back down and I look at her and smile. Her eyes shut again.

She looks just like Niall, solid white. When her eyes are shut she looks just like him.

I look at Jojo next to me on the couch and pet him. I look out of the corner of my eye and see Alice use her muzzel to open the door.

She looks at me and slightly wags before slowly walking up the steps. She comes back down in human form with clothes and collaspes on the couch and lays her head on my leg with her eyes shut.

I smile and focus on her instead of the TV. I wish I was warm again, with a pulse and a desire for steak.

I want to be like the others again. How longer can I keep this from the others.

I trace my fingers accross her cheek bone over and over for my amusement and she slightly smiles and reaches up to grab my hand.

She doesn't open her eyes but she links our fingers by her neck and I leave it at that. She's asleep a few minutes later.

I end up falling asleep myself. I wake up really late that night so I just carry her upstairs and go back to sleep.

(Alice)

Harry and Jojo remain asleep when I wake up. I didn't feel like getting up so I sigh silently and stay here.

I couldn't breathe out of my nose, it hurt my throat to breathe out of my mouth. My stomach seemed to shift when I moved to my side.

I understand the saying sick as a dog now. I wish I was a horse!

I thought immortals were suppose to survive better than mortals?

I look at Harry, sleeping peacefully withone hand tucked under his hand and the other on Jojo. He was curled up in a slight ball with one leg kind of stretched out and the other pulled up for Jojo to lean on as his back was to Harry's stomach.

I wish I had the energy to reach over and kiss him. I don't know if I want to go back to sleep or not. I still feel drowsy. Harry's gonna go through hell with me.

He opens his eyes and they were solid red but he makes eye contact with me and they fade away to a yellow.

He smiles and reaches over to touch my cheek. I smile back faintly.

"Feeling better?" he asks. I love it when he talks in the morning so much I hate it.

I shake my head no and he slightly laughs under his breath and gives Jojo his pillow before moving closer to me.

He hooks an arm underneath my head and cuddles up to me.

"Do you want to stay in bed for the day?" he asks and I shake my head.

I hold my arms out for his neck. "Carry me.. " I mumble through my throat. He smiles and sits up so he can adjust me correctly in his arms to carry me.

I keep my eyes shut as we walk downstairs but I get kind of irretated when he puts me on the couch and walks in the kitchen. The last thing I want is food, I want him to stay dang it.

He surprizingly only makes tea and bends down next to me. "Alice, I'm getting worried. Please tell me if you need anything." he says and waits for an answer.

I didn't have much energy to answer so I hold an arm out and he lays down next to me as I wished and I find a position less misrable

so I let him mess with my hair as I shut my eyes.

(Harry)

I stroke her hair until I get bored and see she's asleep so I tuck my cheek against her head and sigh.

(Alice)

I walk through the woods to avoid traffic. A familiar boy steps into my path. He was attractive, black hair, slight grin that was welcoming, hands in his pockets.

"I wouldn't be here if I were you." he smirks and I gasp. "You never know what happens around here." he winks at me.

I didn't know whether to be afraid of his demeanor or not.

"Who are you?" I ask and he lets his teeth show through his lips. "Zayn Malik..." he says.

"Zayn?" I ask in remembrance.

He nods. "Harrys out here looking for you " he says.

"Alice." I here a husky accented voice call and look to my left. Harry moves a lower branch out of the way as he walks up to me.

He kisses my cheek and I look back at Zayn but Zayn wasn't there no more. There stood a blond haired blue eyed, gorgeous boy. He looked betrayed.

"Alice... why?" he asks. His voice was so graveled he was almost growling at me. His eyes looked like they could burn a hole through my soul.

Harry bends down and gently bites my neck. I don't feel anything but guilt as I keep eye contact with Niall.

I open my eyes and gasp. Harry looks down at me. I was somewhat scared of Harry now.

"Another bad dream?" he asks. I was a sweaty mess, even next to his ice cold body.

I don't answer before crawling over him and running upstairs. I don't know where the burst of energy came from.

I pace down the hallways with my hands in my hair and finally sit down by the wall of the hall.

What would I do if Niall ever did come back? I would never let Niall burn like that but I wouldn't want to hurt Harry. I mean, how do I feel about Harry? I still try to contemplate it but never get myself to admitting anything.

I feel myself start to breathe heavier and sniff. I knew if I cried that it would only make my head ache worse but it was coming.

I see Harry's shoes out of the corner of my eyes but don't pick my head up. What am I thinking? Niall will never come back. Why do I keep thinking he will?

He crouches down and picks up my head. I didn't realize how close he was sitting to me. He sends me a small smile and laces both our hands up. "Do you wanna talk about it?" he mumbles.

I glance at him for a moment before finding it hard to hold myself back. So I longe up shifting to my knees and throwing my arms around his neck.

I knew I caught him off guard.

He hugs me back and I try not to cry. I give every effort into not crying.

I don't know what I feel. Confusion and guilt.

I mean I care about Harry a lot. He's always made it clear before Nialls death that he likes me. Hes made it clear he wants to take care of me.

I squeeze the daylight out of his shirt as we just sit here in the hallway.

I actually feel myself start to quiver but fight it.

Harry pulls me to my feet after a moment and holds me tighter. He picks up my head and looks at me. I didn't realize that he needed to hunt all this time.

His eyes were a deep red.

"What's going on with you Alice?" he asks in a soft, subtle voice.

I back out of his space and look down with a shrug. "Ill be fine. Why don't you go hunt?" I suggest and he looks at me.

"Its just your scent is coming back. Ill be fine." he says.

I decide to trust him and look at the ground as I take a step into his torso. He instantly grabs my arms gently as I rest my hands on his ribs.

"Harry?" I ask. "Hm?"

"Is it bad that I don't know my feelings?" I ask.

He hesitates. "No." he answers.

"Do you know how you feel?" I ask.

He waits longer to answer and it made me anxious. "Yes." he says.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tada! I don't really have much to say so I hope you like it?