I Think We're Pretty Official

Billie's POV
I laughed a little to myself. She passed out! I drove with one hand and had my other arm wrapped around her. I think this is the most activity she has done outside of her house in awhile. I kept looking down at her. She slept so peacefully... she was so gorgeous. And I'm pretty sure she is all mine now! We made it to her house and I shook her gently, "Hey...April". She moaned softly and dug her face deeper into my chest. I couldn't help but smile. I ran my fingers through her blue hair.

Sheesh, this chick can sleep through anything! I was trying to be as gentle with her as possible as I lifted her out of my car- I didn't want to drop her or something. I finally secured her bridal-style. I got to her front door and just looked down at her for a moment. If she was awake this is where I would try and kiss her, I thought as I studied her rosy lips. I kissed her forehead... then chuckled as she stirred a little. I knelt a little so I could reach the doorknob with my hand supporting her legs. It was unlocked. "April, you shouldn't leave your door unlocked when you're not home" I said in a low voice, not really caring if she heard or responded to me or not.

Rowen came running down the hall as I pushed the front door shut with my foot. "Shhhh Rowen... she's asleep" I whispered. Rowen seemed to understand? She looked at me with those ice blue eyes and then trotted up the hallway. Damn, this dog is smart! I followed Rowen, assuming she was showing me where the bedroom was. Sure as shit she was! I laid April down and covered her with a blanket. I can't believe she hasn't woken up yet... I heard whining by the door; Rowen wanted to be let out. I noticed the end of the tie-out leash sticking in the door and clipped it on her collar and opened the door.

I went back down the hallway and back into April's room. I stood in the middle of the room and looked around. I smirked when the one wall had a couple green day posters on it. I looked closer at the one poster that had my autograph on it. Why don't I remember her? I must have been drunk as fuck that night or something... I looked at April one last time and smiled before I turned the lamp off and went to let Rowen back in. I patted her on the head before I pressed the lock on the door and walked out.

I sat in my car and pulled a notebook out of the backseat. I then flipped the center console open and grabbed a pen. April...

I paused before writing in the Notebook:
I want to hold you like a gun
We'll shoot the moon into the sun

I smiled and stared at the words, as if I made some amazing revelation. But at the same time my mind was drawing a blank. I'll come back to that, I thought as I moved my hand to the bottom half of the page. I remembered Oakland lit up at night.

I quickly scribbled down:
Where can I find the city of shining light
In an ordinary world?

Another pause. "Hmmm", I scribbled diagonally between the two lines I wrote:
Baby, I don't have much
But what we have is more than enough

"I don't know if those are gonna be in the same song or what" I said out loud to myself. I tossed the notebook back in the backseat. "I'll figure it out..." I started the car and headed for home.