Chapter 2: Us

"I think we should start with the science wing," I say to Maeve while I point at random classrooms. (As if I know where half of the classes are)
"Can we stop at the bathroom first?" Maeve asked me.
"Sure, we have to go to the left wing. It's right by the wood shop class."
"Sorry.."
"Oh, its fine. Not like you're going to learn anything on this tour anyway!"
That was such a dumb thing to say. She probably thinks that I'm dumb. That I don't even know where anything is in my own school.
"Well, I'm learning where the bathroom is."
"Good point, very good point."
We finally make it to the bathroom. Maeve walks into the handicap stall while I wash my hands.
"Rebecca?"
"Yeah?"
"Can you come into the stall for a sec?"
"Yeah, sure."
Why would she need me? Is there something wrong? I mean, if there was, she'd be screaming by now.
I walk into the handicap stall where I see Maeve sitting on the toilet, with her pants on.
"Why don't we talk instead?" Maeve suggests as she strokes my hair.
"Ok."
"So, what's your deal? You didn't seem to talk a lot in class."
"Well, that's the point of class. You're not supposed to talk. I have no deal. I mean, I'm polysexual... Is that a deal? I don't know."
"Yeah. And that's cool. I'm just a plain, boring lesbian."
"Cool."
I felt like bursting in happiness. Nobody that I know of in school in LGBT and this was a big deal to me. I may finally find... a friend.
"So..." I asked curiously. "What are we going to do here now?"
"What do you want to do?" Maeve slowly starts taking off her blazer. Then, her turtleneck.
"So..." Maeve indignantly says.
I stare at Maeve's breasts. "So?"
We both decide to ditch the next two periods of the day before lunch. Nobody would ever notice. Half of the time, teachers don't even realize I'm in their class and Maeve being the new girl, they probably won't notice her either.
"Take off your shirt" Maeve suggests as she strokes my hair.
"Ok..." I take off shirt and my blazer and stuff them into my backpack.
"Want to do pants? Or is that too risqué?"
"Why not?"
Eventually, the two of us are just wearing our bras and underwear. This is the first time I've ever seen a girl naked and man, does it feel awkward.
"What do you want to do now that we are... you know..." I ask.
"Sit on the toilet". I follow her commands. I've never felt so awkward in my entire life.
"What's wrong, Rebecca? Am I going to far? Too quick? I'll stop right now!"
"No, no, no... It's just that, I've never done this before. I feel awkward."
"I'm so sorry. Do you want to carry on?"
"Yeah..."
We spend the next two hours making out. I've never been kissed by anyone who wasn't biologically related to me. I had never felt so loved, so important in my entire life. Just one kiss from this girl made my entire day. I feel... so happy. I love her so much.