Yellow Beauty Burns

Beacon Academy, the best Huntsman training academy in the Kingdom of Vale; and a few short weeks ago, you stepped off your airship from the island of Patch with your best friend Jaune Arc and became official students. You and Jaune made some new friends in the short amount of time you had been at Beacon, including a black-haired girl with a red cape named Ruby and her sister Yang; but some new acquaintances were not as friendly to you and Jaune at first, like Weiss Schnee. Despite all of this and being literally flung into an initiation the very next day, you and the other first-years were formed into teams of four each with their own team name and leader. Jaune was partnered up with a red-haired girl named Pyrrha and teamed up with the pairing of Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren to form Team JNPR with Jaune as leader. Ruby and Weiss, along with Yang and a black-haired girl named Blake became Team RWBY and Ruby was named leader despite having skipped two years of training at her previous academy. The night before the initiation you had met a fox Faunus named Carmen Rouge, and along with another boy named Nicholas Frost and a rabbit Faunus named Daisy Amarelo the four of you became Team (T/N) and you were named leader of the team.

On this bright Saturday morning you were at your usual weekend spot, the Beacon Academy training arena. Normally you go through your standard routine solo, but this time you ran into Jaune and his team and decided to join them in training. Over the past few weeks, you and Jaune's teams had grown close as friends, along with Ruby's team and could often be found together in some grouping. Even Weiss, who took a while to warm up to everyone particularly Carmen and Daisy, enjoyed the time spent with each other. Jaune was working on his sword skills with Pyrrha while you and Ren worked on hand-to-hand combat. The two of you agreed that you wouldn't use your Dust Projection Gauntlets Tooth & Nail to keep things even. Ren's movements were swift and fluid, a testament to his training but you had your own secret weapon. As you cleared out with a sweeping kick causing him to jump back your (h/c) hair started spiking up as your Semblance kicked in. Peaking in two places at the top of your head, your hair looked like a pair of Faunus ears and your normally (e/c) eyes turned bright yellow and your pupils changed into sharp vertical slits.

"Time to get serious." You said as you seemed to disappear from view

Ren, always vigilant, did not let his guard down when you vanished. Constantly circling around so as not to let you get behind him, you suddenly appeared in front of Ren and tried to sweep his legs. Ren jumped to avoid you but halfway through the sweep you stopped and disappeared again, reappearing in mid-air right behind Ren.

"Gotcha." You said as you pinned Ren's arms behind his back and drove him back down to the earth

As the dust cleared from your impact, Pyrrha, Jaune and Nora looked over to see Ren face-down and you in front of him in your battle pose.

"Looks like I win, Ren. Sorry about the piledriver." You said offering a hand to Ren as he got up

"Actually, I might have to ask you to teach me that move." He said as you helped him up, "Your combat skills are superb and your weapons definitely compliment your fighting style."

"True," Pyrrha said joining in, "and you both have places where you can improve."

"How so?" You asked

"Your defense against aerial enemies, Ren, which is fairly understandable; and (y/n) you really don't have much in the way of long-range combat."

"What are you talking about Pyrrha?" Nora said, "(Y/N)'s Tooth & Nail are awesome, and you've seen what his Semblance can do. I've even heard other students start calling him 'The Beast of Beacon'."

"Well she does have a point Nora, Tooth & Nail do have a limit on their range and I usually use my Dust to amplify their melee power. But, now that you say that I think I've got an idea on how to fix that." You said as you dusted yourself off and slid your aforementioned weapons over your hands, "I'll see you guys later, yeah?"