Masks and Under Masks

Alternative Universe

Not Famous

Boy x Boy

*For story purposes, Louis is taller then Harry*

---

Venice, Italy.

It was the annual Masquerade again. Harry smiled, how lucky was he, just in time for the festival.

It was sun-set, the dipping sun ember-red and it licks and glitters channels of the sea red like a dragon’s tongue.

The sand has been burnished into a long winding-sheet of copper and the horizon is threaded with a thin line of silver. As the sun bows down further, the slumbering heap of sea becomes a-glow like melted platinum.

The last few lances of light are cast down in a holy line of laser fire and it is over. The night is here and the sky looks like a black, velvet ceiling sprinkled with dream dust.

However, Harry didn't notice this. He hurriedly took out some euros and counted them in his palm. Enough for a mask. He ran to the nearest stall selling masks, as there are masks dangling from stalls everywhere.

One particular mask caught his eye.

It was a Venetian Greek Spartan styled mask, and as Harry touched it he can feel the hard cold materials, most probably plastic smooth inside his hand. It was a beautiful shimmering greyish black, with copped coloured plastic as decorations, putting a gentle and graceful touch to the mask.

"It is breath-taking,", Harry thought, but his only concern now is that if it is a female mask.

If he wore a female mask, well, it would be downright gayness showing. Of course, he is gay and not afraid of showing his sexuality, but wearing a female mask may be too much.

"Um... Is this mask for man?" He asked the stall owner tentatively, holding up the mask.

The stall owner smiled. "Yes. I know it comes across as girly but believe it or not, it is for man. Greeks wore these, you know?"

Harry smiled, "No, I didn't. So how much is it?"

"Seven euros please."

Harry fumbled for the money, and at last he found it.

He gave it to the owner, clutching the mask as if scared that it might vanish any second.

"Thank you. Enjoy your night!"

Harry grinned and nodded as he walked away. He was already wearing a suit, and it fitted the mask.

The Masquerade ball starts, and as the soft music starts playing, he stood awkwardly, waiting for a partner.

He looked down, at his feet. He nervously played with his mask.

But then he looked up so quickly he thinks he might have twisted his neck, as he felt warm breath against his hair.

He saw a gorgeous guy standing there, hair caramel brown and feathery, slightly falling over his eye mask, which was plain silver and almost undecorated except for a leaf, carved out carefully, every detail in place.

Harry could see his eyes, swirling blue, lively, and oh, beautiful. His face was flawless, smooth, tanned. He was dressed in a something like a suit, but suprisingly, it didn't destroy the Masquerade feeling.

Harry shivered, he could feel the stranger's warm breath, and the stranger is reaching for his hand, bowing down, inviting him for a dance.

"I'm Louis. Would you do me a pleasure, and dance with me, for a little while?"

Harry thinks he just melted. Louis' voice was like honey, golden to him.

He reached out, and Louis smiled, his thin lips pulling up a curve. Harry almost stopped and stared, if time would let him. Time didn't.

Harry think he might have just died and is now in heaven. He felt Louis' arms, Louis' breath, slightly minty, and well, this couldn't get any better.

But it did.

After the first dance, Louis let go of Harry, and Harry thought that it was going to be over, but well, it wasn't. Louis pulled him aside, and whispered.

"Hey, gorgeous, even if I don't even know your name, I know that I'll definately see you again. What's your number?"

And Harry gave Louis his number, and his name.

His reward was a kiss from Louis, on the lips.

A/N: Oh, so that sweet little moment is over, but I'm actually thinking of doing a part two, because this is just too beautiful and if I get 9 reads? Thank you so much. Oh, Harry's mask is at the side. I'm sorry about Louis' but I designed it so there's no picture. Maybe for part two, there will be a picture... ;)Thank you! xx

--Jay