Peer

Peer

Third Person POV

Darren Winters felt his hair on the back of his neck stand up. As his head perked up, Scott Johnson stayed in his position.

"Someone's here," Darren stated as Scott looked up from his drink.

"How'd they-we moved across the country."

"I don't know. But we have to go now." Darren slung his back over his shoulder, and stood up from the booth. Scott did the same. The two 17 year olds walked out of the café shop, pulling their hoods up to shield their faces from both the rain, and passing strangers.

"Hold on," Scott made a sudden stop. His eyes turned from its usual soft green to a bright blue within a second. Darren stopped next to him. Scott looked down for a moment, than looked up and made eye contact with Darren. Scott's eyes turned back to green. The pair continued to walk.

"What'd you see?"

"They were getting ready to leave. They should be rounding the corner right about now." Darren's attention was drawn to the police sirens around the corner. He quickly grabbed Scott's arm, and held out his hand. A green wave emitted from it as everyone slowed to a stop. "How much time do we have?" Scott asked in a panic.

"Five minutes at the least. Come on, every second counts." Scott was released from Darren's grip, as they began to run down the sidewalk, the green wave pulsing every few seconds. As they rounded the corner, they spotted a biker's shop. Quickly finding the keys, Darren and Scott made their getaway on a stolen motorcycle. As the minutes went by, the green pulse began to weaken. The two teens were running out of time. They had made it a few blocks away when time resumed. The rain had resumed falling, and the cars continued to drive. They were sure that they were safe, at least for now. Walking down the street, they were stopped by a girl, around their their age, maybe a year or so younger.

"How'd you do that," She said, her voice holding a thick irish accent.

Scott tilted his head slightly, as if having no idea in the world what this girl was saying. "Do what?" The mystery girl pulled the two of them into a nearby alleyway.

"You guys appeared out of thin air on a motorcycle. If deny it then I'll assume it's most likely true, possibly consider you a threat and upload the video I took, and the police will most likely see it and track where my phone is, leading to you. If you own up to it I'll delete the video, and join the two of you on trying to keep you hidden."

"And how would you hide us exactly?"

"Simple, I have a secret room that I built connected to my bedroom and my father is a well-respected lawyer, and my mom is almost never home."

Scott and Darren exchanged hesitant looks. Should we trust her? The two thought. Darren took a hesitant breath.

"Fine." Darren replied. "I'm Darren Winters, and this is Scott Johnson. What's your name?"

"As far as you're concerned, my name is Rider, and that's all you need to know. Now let's get to my house, my dad's at his office working on a case." She began to walk out of the alleyway, and make her way toward her house.

After about 20 minutes of walking, they three of them approached a nice wooden house. Rider walked up, and unlocked the door to the house. The boys began to walk up the driveway. Rider opened the door a bit, but then quickly closed it. "One of you can teleport right?"

"Eh..."

"Whatever, my mom's home for some reason, I need you guys to get to my room without her seeing. It's the second door on the left." Rider opened the door again, and stepped inside. Darren grabbed Scott's arm again, and the green wave emitted.