Chapter 2 Stuck in the storm

"Omo you're as cold as a meat inside a freezer!" Daniel exclaimed after shaking her hand, Hye Rin was feeling really cold, she regretted not wearing her thick coat and not checking the weather, the moment she was outside the candy store a snow storm started to brew 10 minutes later the storm began and she started to run heading for the orphanage. " Yeah I am" she admitted willfully and shakingly, Daniel guided her to the dining table and offered her to seat " Seat here I'll get you some tea" Hye Rin nodded gratefully while watching Daniel escort himself to the kitchen.

Daniel approached Mrs. Lee in the kitchen and asked if there was any hot water for tea, Mrs. Lee handed him a tea pot all the while asking "Who was it Daniel?" "Hye Rin, she arrived really cold so I came here to bring her tea" Mrs. Lee nodded in understanding and handed him a pack of herbal tea. Daniel poured the tea into a cup and brought it to the dining table.

Daniel handed Hye Rin the tea and sat across her "kamsahmnida," Hye Rin thanked him and sipped her tea slowly. There was a comforting silence between them till Hye Rin started to ask "When did you start coming here?" she was really curious as to how an actor became a constant visitor of this place. " At first I came with a friend from the coffee shop I used to work in, he visited nearly every month before he went to the US, after he left I just started to visit on my own every Tuesday, What about you?" Daniel answered and asked back " Well It was after a month that I got to Korea, I met Mr. Lee at the office where I worked he told me that they were helping orphans and I thought maybe I could come visit I didn't have anything to do every Monday so I decided to hang out with the kids, sometimes I even sleep here when I want Mrs. Lee is a very generous woman" She replied Gratefulness and happiness evident in her voice, " She really is" Daniel replied with the same tone of voice.

Then something got Daniel interested so he asked " what's your occupation?" curiosity evident in his voice, " Broadcaster and TV Host at BSK" Hye Rin simply replied, " no wonder you looked familiar" Daniel said slightly chuckling.

They were both having a great time in knowing each other and sipping tea, when a little voice got their attention "Momma, Papa" they turned their heads and there stood little Soeul rubbing her eyes sleepily, she was looking really cute that Hye Rin couldn't help but pick her up " What's your name?" She asked little Soeul, "I'm Soeul I'm two years old" Soeul answered cutely and smiling widely at both her and Daniel, "Well Soeul I'm Hye Rin Momma, Sung Hye Rin Momma" Hye Rin introduced herself to little Soeul and kissed her cheeks lightly.

It was already dark out and the storm hadn't stop, it kept going stronger and stronger. Hye Rin was playing with the kids when her phone went ringing she picked it up and answered " yoboseo? Yes boss, really? yeah I'm fine I'll just stay the night here then' okay, thanks boss," she placed her phone and went to the kitchen to talk to Mrs. Lee.

" Mrs. Lee can I stay here for the night the roads are blocked and the storm's getting heavier by the minute." She told Mrs. Lee of her dilemma " Of course you can It's better if you stay here till the storm is over" Mrs. Lee replied kindly and smiled at her, Hye Rin bowed at the lady and went back to the kids, when she got there she saw Daniel at the corner talking in his phone " Ne, okay I got it, the roads are blocked hyung I guess I'll just stay here for the night, yeah, okay," Daniel put down his phone and faced Hye Rin "I guess I'm staying for the night" he told her " Well this house is huge there's a lot of rooms available you can tell Mrs. Lee about it," she told him and he nodded in response.

"Dinner's ready!" Mrs. Lee called out, everyone was seated at the table enjoying the sumptuous food prepared by the generous lady. They were talking about all the current events, how the kids were doing, how Mr. Lee was doing. Hye Rin and Daniel were seated beside each other and were laughing with the joke that Se Ho had said. It was very rare of him to talk in the table but when he does it would be to lighten up the mood, it was what Mr. Lee liked about him.

After dinner everyone was getting ready for bed Se Ho was tucked in by Daniel and Ali was tucked in By Hye Rin their rooms were across each other so after both kids were asleep they both went out and was greeted by one another "hey" Daniel greeted, "hey" Hye Rin replied they laughed by their antics and were surprised when they heard a cry from the room down the hall, they both hurried to check and saw Soeul crying in her bed balling her eyes out, Hye Rin was the first to react "Soeul-a what's wrong?" Soeul was silent and that made them both worry about the child, "Soeul-a did you have a nightmare?" Daniel asked gently, Soeul merely nodded and asked " Momma, Papa, will you stay with me?" "Of course, come on I'll sing you a bedtime song" Hye Rin replied sincerely and gently to the frightened child, Hye Rin lied down on the right side of the bed and Daniel lied down on the left with Soeul in between them. Hye Rin started to hum and minutes later the three of them fell asleep.

Mrs. Lee was checking each room to see if the kids were asleep, she was surprised when she saw the three in Soeul's room sleeping together like a family. She smiled knowingly and went to her own room and wondering how her husband was doing and fell soundly asleep.