heartbreak.

heartbreak

(/härt-ˌbrāk)

n.

1. overwhelming sorrow, grief or dissapointment.

Even though this is the definition of the word, there isn't an accurate description of how it actually felt like. There aren't enough words to describe the hole you left inside me; how the day after you left I couldn't eat, I couldn't speak, I couldn't be myself. But I guess that's because when you left, you took me with you.

You took the girl who fell in love, the one who smiled whenever she heard your name and felt like she was drowning in happiness when you kissed her and then told her "I love you". The girl who thought everything was possible as long as she had you by her side and dedicated every single love song to you. Because you were all she was thinking of.

And I remember.

I remember the way you held me while you told me how beautiful I was; I still remember your head lying on my lap as I ran my fingers through your dark hair. I still remember the late night visits and the long good-byes. I still remember your fingers running through my back as I fell asleep. I also remember you giving one last forehead kiss before walking away from me. I remember how that day I ran directly into my mother arms and cried until I felt like my chest was going to explode.

I remember what was like to be in love, to be happy, but I also remember the pain, I remember the heartbreak.