Chapter Seven

MAY

It's Friday.

The day of the "date" and how I wish I can back out. I am so used to doing things with myself and having fun on my own.

Sera comes early with me, she's currently buying popcorns for all of us. Taehyung texted me that he'll be here at the cinema in 5 minutes and I wait impatiently.

"Hey cupcake, hope I don't keep you waiting," Taehyung hugs me. "Girls, I would like you to meet Chanwoo. He and I go way back."

"Hi, nice to meet you," he shakes our hand. "Jungjoo, I heard a lot about you." He kindly says but Taehyung hit him at the arm.

"And Sera, my date for tonight," he gently lifts her hand and kisses it.

"Wow," she feels amaze. "What a gentleman, come along." Sera smirks at Taehyung and I and both of them walk somewhere else.

"Don't forget about the movie!" I manage to say.

Honestly, I want to run and hide. It feels really awkward with Taehyung right now.

It doesn't feel awkward when we first met and have those fun conversations that were natural. Now... just now in time is standing still... I'm just choking.

"So, what do you want to do?" Taehyung break the silence.

"Hmm?" I hum, not aware of anything.

"Hmm, we can do anything but you know, my arm," he shows the bandage thing. It seems fine now, instead of the cement. It's now the clothing wrapping around.

"Why not we just check out some books at the bookstore across here," I point at the store.

"Sure," he agrees and we walk all the way there.

I know it's odd to hang out in a bookstore right before the movie.

"Sorry, I can't think of anywhere but here," I whine.

"Its fine, it's like getting to know you better," he says. I admit, I'm surprise he said that.

"You like reading?" he ask, picking up a book that he end up reading the back cover.

"I love reading, I collect books," I answer. "You should see my bookshelf, it's completely full of books. I only read half of them." I laugh.

"I want to try reading, I've been through so much," he says.

Then I'm reminded on what Mino said, about Taehyung's accident and it wasn't him lifting weights that cause his broken arm.

"You should, it's relaxing and fun." I pick a book that looks interesting, ignoring whatever I'm trying to say.

Inside the cinema, the movie starts and I'm already eating the popcorn. Sera and Chanwoo are sitting in front of us, it's better that way so I won't have to act all lovey to Taehyung.

There's this scene in the movie that's sad, I'm very emotional so whenever I feel something that's saddening or a beautiful moment. I will cry.

I start to sniff, then wrinkle my nose, my eyes feel bitter so I blink repeatedly and then a tear drops.

"Are you... crying?" Taehyung seem to notice.

I nod in answer while trying to wipe the tears away.

"It's just a scene where the main character is reminded of her crush," he whispers and gives me a tissue. I wonder where he gets that.

"Thanks. I know! It's just that the way she portrays her character and the emotions I felt watching this. I end up feeling it too," I whisper back. "In a more deeper level."

One thing that's also annoying is that Sera and Chanwoo doesn't seem to get enough of each other. Sounds of their giggling and never ending flirting tempt me to throw condoms at them.

When the movie ends, Chanwoo and Sera inform that they will be going somewhere else and Taehyung and I will just have to continue the date ourselves.

It sounds like a good thing to Taehyung but not to me, I needed Sera to be with me so it won't be awkward.

"Come on, let's go somewhere fun," Taehyung starts walking forward. I don't realise that I'm currently thinking, which makes Taehyung to walk back to me and the next thing I know, we are holding hands walking out of the mall.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm not a fun date," I cover my face. We are in the car driving to a beach that Taehyung choose to go to.

"What? No you're not. I think I am the one for not being fun," he says, his eyes still on the road. "I have a broken arm, most of the fun is taking away."

"Don't say that, you can still do things with a broken arm. Like, waving or eating an ice cream," I say.

"You always know how to make me laugh," he chuckles.

What he said made me blush.

Once we arrive at the beach, a lot of people are hanging out, lighting up lanterns and there's a nice restaurant nearby that looks pretty.

Since it's practically night time, Taehyung has this idea to light up a lantern with our wish or anything on it.

"Let's light up a lantern, one for you and one for me," he says and walks towards a booth and purchases.

"Here, purple for you since it's your favorite color and blue's mine," he gives me the lantern.

We walk at the middle of the beach and start to set up the lanterns. I've done this a few times before so I know how to set one up.

I look over to Taehyung and see he's having a hard time – well he is doing everything with one arm for a few months now – so why not help him since that's the humane thing to do.

"You don't have to," I say. "Here, let me."

"No I got it," he snatches back the lantern.

"No, let me Queen Sassy. You're doing this big prank with me so this is the least I can do for you," I say and snatch it back and open the big ass lantern.

Both of our lanterns look amazing, it's so pretty I don't want to let it go.

"Okay, let go in 3... 2... 1!" he lifts his slowly up in the air and I follow as I close my eyes.

I guess I close my eyes too long as I have a lot of wishes but I know you should only have one wish and I wish a lot mistakenly. Okay I'm confuse so I just close my eyes and think of only one thing.

To live life to the fullest.

While I'm still closing my eyes, I suddenly feel like something is on my lips. When I open them, Taehyung's face is really, really near mine. Like really, really near.

Are we... no we are not right? I feel so numb to the point if I am in a dream or it's real.

He slowly moves away and we look at each for a long time and then I see it... I can see that I am falling for him.

TO BE CONTINUED

-JSJ