A Burning Town (Prolouge)

Fire. Bodies lay lifeless on the street, piled up. A child stares at the bodies, speechless. Just yesterday he was a kid, not worried about the threat of bombs over his own home. He would play with his friends and return home to see his family and get the food and rest he needed for tomorrow. He never thought about waking up to his family screaming and his town burning. He never thought that he would see everyone he knew, everyone he loved, piled up... burning. He was at a loss of words on what happened, instead he just cried. His home would die and everything around him would just burn to naught; to nothing.

"Do you just wish that it could all go away? Like to just forget about something and act like it was never a thing, or just go away and not deal with anything at all?", a young girl would say to the boy. The boy looked back as he wiped off tears and spread ash across his face. "What do you mean?", the boy would respond in a British accent. The girl would walk towards him and crouches down beside him as she picks up a burning stick and draws on the ash-covered asphalt. "I can make it where you don't have to suffer, where you can forget about your home.", she says back. The boy would continue to stare at the dead bodies.

This feeling the boy felt was unbearable. He had a happy life and an amazing family who loved him. He didn't want to forget them and he didn't want to suffer anymore. He felt like he should've died, not his family. He thought about the times he didn't thank them enough or the times he took things for granted when he shouldn't. He was only a kid..

"No..", the boy would respond clenching his fists and staring at the bodies. The girl would stand up and respond, "Heh, interesting.". The boy would question her back, "Who are you?". She stares at him in his teary eyes, "I'm Roxy. Your observer and new friend.".

(I made a whole new prologue, sorry.)