Failure Was The Best Option

People often live up to the expectations projected on them. Failure, success and expectations are three words people seem to get nervous about. An expectation from others only gives them an opportunity to be let down because people tend to have unreachable expectations for others. Success is only reachable if you aim for it and put in your all into what you want. Living up to others expectations of yourself will not always make you happy, which in the long run can result in failure.
     As a genuine human being you never want to let down someone you care about. Our loved ones and those we care about set expectations for us that we who need to achieve them cannot reach for our own personal reasons. Letting down people you care about because you cannot reach their expectations just comes to show we need to set our own expectations. People set expectations for us to try to get us to better ourselves and do more than what we think we cannot do, yet in reality it does not benefit us when we cannot fulfill the expectations.
     "Reach for the stars" is always what people say when you set a goal or give yourself an expectation to live up to. Setting expectations for yourself is one of the best things a person can do, in my opinion. When you set an expectation for yourself it is something you want to achieve and something you have passion in, when you have passion for something you tend to put in 100 percent. Expectations of your own will be something you are interested in and you will have more motivation to do what it is that you need to do to achieve the goal you set.
     When it comes to living up to others expectations of yourself you need to do what will make you happy and not what others think you need to do. On occasions expectations are not always what are right for you. For example, some parents feel as though they know what career is right for their child so they set expectations for them. From my own personal experience that had happened to me. My parents had it all planned out for me, I was going to be a funeral director. They had this expectation because it was just an interest of mine mostly because it is such an admirable job title. I went to mortuary school for four semesters and then transferred because I found myself miserable with what I was doing. I taught myself to live up to my own expectations after that experience because I need to do what I want not what others expect from me.
     To conclude, expectations can be positive or negative. It truthfully is all up to you when it comes to what extent you want to accept expectations at. Failure, success and expectations go hand in hand. Failure is never something you want in life even though we learn from mistakes. Success is because you strive for the best and live up to the best of expectations. Expectations are your own rules and goals in life. Life is all about perspective and expectations and when you decide to though in your personal accountability with others expectations of yourself.