A Truth I have no Choice but to Accept

Words cannot describe the sadness in which I feel now and forever. I believe now more then ever that you have moved on, fairly quickly if I may say, and it is I who is stuck here in the same place forever awaiting your return. Yet, you will not return for me. I know this, but being the very person I am, I still wait. I reside in my memories of our most precious and tender moments in which we shared when we were once as one. I say once because I know that you will never want to be with me ever again for I am not worthy of you. So why do I still wait knowing you will never come back to this place we once called our castle? Everyone of the kingdom is gone yet I am still here. I stand alone in our secret meeting place, a place known only to me and you. A place you have most likely forgotten. I wonder if you even know I still wait here for you. Do you think of me? Do you lay awake at night reminiscing of our memories? Probably not. I am alone and lost to this world in which we created together. What a time it was when we once ruled this kingdom together you and I! And yet, when you left me, the kingdom fell. Did you know this would happen? People have told me that I must leave before it is too late and I am trapped here forever. They tell me I am a fool. They tell me you will never come for me. I know, I say. Then comes the question they always ask; if you know she will never return to this world to be with you again, why do you stay? I tell them they do not know love if they cannot understand my reason for waiting for you. They move on and I remain. I walk the castle from time to time seeing the damage that age has caused it. I wonder if that is what could have happened to us. If we could have remained in that time, our golden age before the war, would things have remained the same? Would you still leave me...?