UNSPOKEN

Here I am, in the green meadows, watching the sun sleep, waiting for the night to uplift its sparkling stars. Here I am, singing with the birds, freezing with the cold breeze. Here I am, waiting for you to come and celebrate with me.

Today is February 3, 2012. It’s been a year since the last time I saw you. You were sitting quietly in a corner, saying few words I neither hear nor understand. You were full of tears. I came to your side and tried to ask what is wrong, but you did not answer. I slowly patted your shoulders, but you never looked at me. I sat down on my knees and started to cry. I asked you many times what's going on but even a flinch of a hair you did not bother answering me. I stood up and ran outside telling myself I never wanted to speak to you, as I felt strong rejection I can hardly bear.

Just so you are curious how I am doing right now, I guess I am doing just fine, like our old good times. It’s just that I am alone. I miss the times you were doing my Geometry assignments because I complain about our professor after class, because who will even prove that two triangles are symmetrical when buying groceries at Walmart? I remember the days we would rehearse my practice speech. A supposedly five-minute-speech would just be two or three minutes in front of you because I run out of words whenever we are together, which of course, I care not to tell. I also hope you still remember our Foreign Language class? I’d say “Annyeong hassaeyo” in my cutest and most childish way while I’m on my big round frames. I’m sure you have considered me cute at least those times I did that. Mmmm, one more – the meals we had together to eat your favorite dumplings. "Creepy dumplings" as you quote.

You always tease me when I don’t get my Math correctly. Okay, then. You are the cream of the crop. I really don’t get it because I hate my professor and the subject as well.

I love it when you attend my speech contests to support me, and that last event in school when I did not make it, you told me I was the best and the judges made the wrong decision on having me as second.

I missed attending our Foreign Language class because you were so good in the conversations and I was good in writing those cute letters.

And those dumplings. I made you some; you ate it though I know it didn't really taste good.

I missed the times we sing together. You would play your guitar and sing for me, and then you will continue playing and let me sing ‘till I get my throat out because you would tease me that I don’t hit the notes and my voice is too good only for my speech.

Whoa! You are the coolest bestfriend I ever have. Yes! I mean it!

You love to tease me to death and when you know I get mad because I walked out from the scene, you would not run to me, but you know where I am. I’ll be sitting on my favorite bench in the park near my house and you will bring two ice cream cones. One strawberry for me and one vanilla for you. After that, you already know I will be fine, though I won’t talk to you. You will then hug me and tell me that you’re sorry. You will walk me home and wait ‘till I turn off the lights in my room. That way, I feel safe.

I have been waiting for days, weeks, months and now a year for you to come back and see me. Even a shadow isn’t here. Not your voice I have recognized. Not your footsteps I have heard. And not even your blissful scent I have smelled. Where could you be coz I need to tell you something.

Well, just for the record, I haven’t noticed that I have closed my eyes. You are in my dreams. Again and again and again. For this one whole year, you never slipped my mind. And now, as I am dreaming, I have heard someone walking near me. As I have cleared my sight, I saw you with a blonde girl, tall and slim, which has been perfectly shaped in her yellow bandage dress, while you are holding a bouquet of my favorite pink tulips. Why on earth will you have to do this in front of me?