Chapter 3

💧💧💧💧💧
Dani skidded to a stop in front of her hotel door. She tugged on her leather jacket to straighten it and took a deep breath to calm herself. She turned her head and looked in the mirror on the cupboard.

"You look fine," she whispered in an attempt to assure herself. "You look fine."

Dani faced the door and took one last breath before wrapping her hand around the handle and yanking it back. Zayn stood outside, holding a bouquet of roses and staring at his shoes. The second Dani opened the door, he looked up and flashed her a dazzling smile.

"Hi," he greeted. "These are for you."

"I.. um, wow," Dani mentally kicked herself for stammering. "Thank you. They're.. beautiful."

Seriously, Dani?, she berated herself. You're still stumbling over your words?

He grinned and ran a hand through his jet black hair. "I'm glad you like them."

"I'll just put them here.." Dani backed away and turned, disappearing out of his sight. She placed the roses on the bed and walked back over to him. "Thank you again."

"It's no issue," Zayn leaned forward and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "You ready to go?"

Dani felt her grip loosen on her clutch. Her cheeks went bright red as she nodded. Zayn smirked and held out his hand. Dani shakily took it and let him lead them to the elevators.

"You look wonderful," Zayn commented, turning to her after punching the button. "I'm actually surprised you answered me a day after we met."

Dani cringed. She was going to kill Amelia and the girls. They made her do it, and now Zayn was unimpressed.

"The girls I've asked out normally wait three days," Zayn continued. "Stupid dating rule, I think. I'm glad you didn't do it."

Ding! The lift arrived and Zayn ushered Dani in as she blinked, confused. The three days trick always worked. How come Zayn didn't like it? She looked back to the front, where her reflection stared back at her. Okay, maybe her sister and her bandmates were right, but she was so not admitting it. Dani didn't like admitting that she was wrong. It had something to do with her pride. She barely ever swallowed it and did the right thing. When they arrived at the ground floor, Zayn pointed her to the lobby.

"Can you wait here while I get the car? I didn't want anybody to come with us on our.. our, um, first date," Zayn scratched the nape of his neck bashfully. "So I drove here myself."

"Go ahead." Dani said softly, unable to keep the smile off her face.

Zayn returned her grin and headed to the carpark. Dani crossed her ankles and leaned against a pillar, already giddy. She smiled down at her shoes, thinking about his thoughts of this date. First date, huh? Did that mean they would go on a second, and a third, and a fourth and-

"Are you Dani Calder?"

Dani froze. Was that a fan? She had no idea how to deal with them. The times when she had actually met her fans, she was with the girls. Now, she was alone. How did they normally handle the fans again?

Dani turned, and to her surprise, no fan stood there. Instead, a brown haired, blue eyed man stood there, grinning at her.

"Sorry, love, must've startled you," Louis Tomlinson winked at her. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Hi, Louis." Dani's voice cracked.

"Relax," he patted her hand. "I'm just here to pick my cousin up, she's here on business and I wanted to visit her. What about you, love?"