Introduction

On a crisp, November afternoon two young men were in very different situations.
Castiel Novak was sitting in class, his glasses slipping down his nose while he furiously jotted down everything his Advanced Placement Psychology teacher had to say. Squinting his eyes he attempted to block out the overwhelming sounds of crinkles of paper, pencils squeaking, deep breaths, and flipping pages. His forehead creased, attempting to comprehend everything that was going on in the classroom- attempting to differentiate between sarcasm and what his fellow students actually meant. His back tensed trying to ignore every smell that wafted up his nasal cavity. Castiel was having a hard time in AP Psychology. It wasn't the classwork, or the material, or even his teacher. It was because he struggled with things others didn't, and all of the things he struggled with stemmed from one source. He doesn't talk about that, though.
Meanwhile, Dean Winchester flicked the beads of sweat off his forehead while he made sandwich after sandwich in a Wendy's two miles down the road. Orders sped through his mind, and he only paused to turn around to sign at his friend, who is Deaf, to pull the fries up. Yelling over his shoulder at the new kid on grill to put small meat down, he proceeded to begin making the top of another Junior Bacon Cheeseburger.
Both were trying to scrape through another day, not knowing the adventure about to unfold.