Chapter 1: Getting The News

*Ella's Pov*

Walking in the house just getting back from working an four-hour shift at the supermarket to do the butt load of homework I have to do.

I notice the house look cleaner and filled with an bless full aroma from momma's famous pot roast with a delicious welcoming.

"Momma!" I called out while sighing in content of the good mouth watering aroma of the pot roast.

"In the kitchen baby!" I heard momma's full on new york accent. Walking into the kitchen, immediately momma came circling around her big island to pull me in an tight embrace.

Momma was just a couple inches shorter than me and thin but still had a good grip on her. Me and my mom look exactly a like some people ask if we are sisters sometimes. I have my moms shoulder length black hair with highlights of my dads blonde hair.

I also have my mom's pretty hazel eyes that can make you get sucked in. Anyways while walking towards the pot of roast beef here's when I, Ella Rose Leo, hear the news of my lifs that I hate.

"Ella do you remember Eli by any chance?" Momma asked.

"I wish I could say no but yes I do momma why?"

"Well, he called last week, told me he'll be on leave and wants to come home." Momma finished saying in a little rushed of a tone.

"Whose home momma?" I raised an eyebrow while still faced to the pot roast to see if I can sneak a piece of roast.

"I told him he could stay here" momma said happily.

"What?! Ahh!" I screamed as I burnt my finger on the pot, rushing towards the sink, I turned on the cold water running it on my stupid burnt finger.

"Absolutely not!" I added while rubbing my finger and turning off the faucet. If you have been wondering why I reacted this way is because I hate Eli with an passion.

Eli's family and mine were very close until his parents died in a car crash while I was away visiting my dad during the summer. When I had came back to hear the terrible news , it was already to late. Eli had graduated and left for the army while I was away.

The house was eventually put up for sale until a younger couple had bought the house and still is there. I haven't seen Eli for almost five years and was planning on not seeing him for the rest of my life. But hearing him coming back and staying with us was just plain crazy!

Momma replied back while snapping me out of my daydream,"I thought you would be excited to hear your childhood friend is coming to stay with us. He was like a big brother to you or maybe more!" Momma rooted out while winking at me.

Feeling the flushed pink blush rising up to my cheeks, I felt bombarded with anger. Sputtering out loudly I voiced out," No momma, you thought wrong! Momma he can never stay here! Not now and not ever!" Tears began to welled up in my eyes.

"Ella, watch your tone with me girl!" Momma raged at me,"What happened to y'all two anyways?" Momma asked while tryna figuer me out.

"Momma, we are not talking about this now." I dismissed her question while looking every where but in her eyes."Just please dont let him stay here!" I pleaded with puppy eyes.

"Too late, he is on his way here. Mind your manners and make him feel welcomed. It's only for 30 plus days Ella." Momma said coldy with a glint of anger in her eyes to see if I would back mouth her again.

Taking my chances, I all but shouted in disbelief," 30 Days!-Momma this is a big deal!" While taking a huge breath I added on loudly,"A-Are you serious?!"