Chapter 1- A Best Friends Place

"Miss Insanity. How are you doing today?" Seth Rollins beamed at me with a mix of over enthusiasm, and glee. I stared blankly at him for several seconds.

"I will take that as another sleepless night." He noted setting a cup of coffee down in front of me. Without hesitation I reached for it pulling it close to me.

"You sure know the way to my heart, Rollins." My groggy voice drew out with a sigh. His lips formed into a slight smirk as he took a seat across from me.

"When are you going to go to the doctor and get that checked out. It really sounds like insomnia. I can't believe you're still able to perform in the ring like that." I rolled my eyes at the suggestion. There was no way I'm going to the doctor for a lack of sleep.

"I feel that a doctor is irrelevant at this point. I feel fine." I lied quickly taking a drink of the hot coffee. He rolled his deep brown eyes at my stubbornness.

"I'm not asking at this point Shilo. I'm telling you to. Look, I get what happened between you and Ryan. I get where you're at and the fear you must have right no-" I cut him off.

"This isn't about Ryan. This isn't about what happened. We went to shit, it's over, but that is not the reason I'm not getting sleep." My voice was more bitter than I intended it to be. I scoffed at the mere thought that Seth would think I was losing sleep over the sorry excuse of my now, abusive ex fiance. I have been done for three months now and I could see where Seth was getting at to a point. I really hadn't taken the proper time to heal, I've just suppressed it away. Far far away into the long lost deep thoughts of mine.

"Shilo, you two were together for six years. You can't tell me that you feel nothing after this. You hardly eat, you're not getting enough sleep. Just stop it okay. Don't roll your eyes, don't huff and puff. Stop being so childish for one second and let it out for Christ's sake." My gaze darkened on his face. I did feel something. I felt my heart being ripped from my chest and thrown into a garbage bin. I felt the air around me being sucked out of my very lungs as I watched Ryan pack his things and leave without a simple goodbye. Yes, I felt a million things, but I refused to let it show. I refuse to be broken down and beaten again, nonetheless in front of my best friend. I am known as someone who can hold their own and stay level headed among a thousand other people who were losing theirs. There is nothing I can't face.

"Seth, I'm fine, now if you don't mind I'd rather not discuss this anymore and enjoy my coffee with my best friend. I have missed you." Seth had been out for a whole nine months due to a knee injury and he was back finally. I had traveled Iowa a million times to check on him and help him with house work while he was recovering. Of course I had missed him even though I had seen him multiple times, I had missed him being here. A smile played on his lips.

"I've missed it. I've missed you. If it weren't for you I wouldn't of been here today. You have truly helped me out of my rut." This caused me to smile like a dork.

Seth and I had enjoyed our coffee and our meaningless conversation before going our separate ways to prepare for TV tonight.

I slid my key card into the door, waiting for the red light to trun green, but it never did. A heavy sigh escaped my lips in frustration as I tried it again ending with the same results.

The front desk was busy, but a nice clean cut gentleman did his best to help. He issued me a new card that should work with no problems. I made my way back to my room, trying the card again, this time the little red light flashed green. I let out a sigh of relief pushing the door open.

"Boo!" Raven screeched from the bed scaring the life out of me.

"What the hell Rave? Have you lost your damn mind?" She grinned rolling over on her stomach.