Turning Page

So many possibilities. I stared aimlessly at the blank page on the stand, lightly nibbling the end of my pencil as I looked. What to draw? Honestly, I wasn't wanting to draw anything particular. It was just one of those nights where you stare at a page until three in the morning into you finally decide what to do. It was four thirty and nothing was clicking. Nothing has clicked for a few days now. It was kind of scary. The last time it happened, I had vowed not to draw again. It lasted a month until I finally had inspiration strike. I wasn't going to go through that again. Nothing was going through my head. Sure, I was tired but I wanted to draw SOMETHING. Anything would be more like it. Nothing was really interesting in New York. I mean, I lived here for about five years now and nothing ever changed. I wasn't interesting either. It was all the same bland thing everyday. It was boring, truly. I sighed, giving up and placing my pencil next to the white paper, before turing off the lamp. I wondered over to my bed, avoiding stepping on my dog, Duke. Duke was my only friend in the city. I wasn't a very social person to say the least. I laid down and closed my eyes, hoping for a more interesting day tomorrow.

    ~'"~

     A clear sky was waiting out my window as I woke up to Duke barking. I groaned, throwing my pillow at him and missing terribly. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. Stretching, I stood and picked up the pillow and placed it back on my bed. I looked back on the empty page and nothing popping in my head. I sighed lightly and walked away. Where did my inspiration go? I walked to my living room, opening up the green curtains and exposing light into the dark room. It was actually kind of pretty outside which was very surprising. It was rare to have a day like this. I got dressed and grabbed my keys and left. I fed Duke. He'll be fine. I walked down the street, passing Stark tower and the fan girls that always stood outside. Poor idiots. I kept walking down until a giant BOOM erupted above me. I looked seeing a hole above Stark tower with ships pouring out. I gasped. I watched for god knows how long, until the ships landed and started to attack. I ran, forgetting everything. What the heck was going on? Creatures jumped out of the ships and charged at people, randomly. I was scared. What terror was happening? I remember when the Hulk destroyed Harlem. That was scary. Of course, he was doing it to protect us. This was different. Very different. There was an abandoned building and under the circumstances, it was the best place to go. I hurried inside, closing the door behind me. I scurried around, trying to find a place to hide. I quickly made my way upstairs.

     I went from room to room before finding an old desk sitting in the corner of the last room. Explosions sounded outside, overpowering the screams. I went under, a cobweb falling into my hair. I whipped it out and peeked out the window. The building across was completely destroyed. I was happy that it wasn't me. What was going to become of me? Was this even going to end? I went back under the desk and put my knees to my chest, hugging them tightly. It felt like the end to be honest. Shaking, I put my hand through my hair, attempting to calm myself down. What was Duke doing? Is he even alive now? I felt bad, leaving the poor dog alone. I wish I hadn't left. I wish I had drawn something last night, so I could treasure it as my last, but I couldn't draw. Even if I did survive this chaos, I still couldn't. I didn't think I was a good one in general, but it still kept my stress down. I looked out from under the desk, surveying the room. It was very dirty. Pieces of the ceiling and walls took over the dark wooden floor along with endless amounts of trash leftover from the years. This building has been here forever, probably before I was even born. It wasn't very safe. The building was most likely ready to crash at any moment, the commotion outside would probably make it much worse.

    I rocked back in forth with the little room I had under here. It was very hot in here and it was worse down here. I was sweating, praying for a cool breeze to come through the broken windows. Screams grew louder and chaos much worse. I was too afraid to look out. I bet most citizens were dead. I'm surprised I wasn't discovered yet. That I wasn't dead too.

      A crash ran through the room and I covered my head. I didn't dare scream. Small groans escaped the thing outside the desk. It sounded human... I was shaking lightly, mostly from all the adrenaline. Whoever the thing was attempted to stand, but landed back on the floor. I slowly peeked my head back, seeing the back of it. It looked like a man, raven hair swept back into small spikes. What he wore seemed to no be from here. A black coat fell to his lower calf, green wrapping around his arms. His boots were covered in dirt. He seemed to be in pain. I gingerly stood, trying not to be noticed by him. But, by the time I was straight, he looked at me. We froze. His face.

     His features were very sharp. His hair was perfectly swept back, revealing his full face. His chin came out at a perfect angle, showing off pale lips, slightly chapped from the heat. His eyes were a pale blue, hypnotizing anyone who met his gaze. This was I needed. This was my inspiration. The man looked at me, studying my scared reaction. "There is no need to be afraid." He said. His voice was smooth, a hint of an accent hitting my ears. He was beautiful. I said nothing, not sure if I should believe him. I had no idea who or what he was. He was a complete stranger. "I will not hurt you." He claimed. I was still shaking. I just looked at him. He sighed. "What the hell is going on out there?" I finally spoke. He half-smiled. "That  would be my fault." I rose an eyebrow, confused how this could all be him. "I am Loki of Asgard." He introduced himself. I nodded. "I'm Ruby. " I replied. He smiled, it was charming, but kind of creepy. "It is nice to make your acquaintance Lady Ruby." I half smiled, still very confused about this man. If people from Asgard are considered men. "So, what exactly do you have to do with what's going on out there?" I questioned. He chuckled. "You're quite curious, aren't you?" He asked, standing. I shrugged. "I just like to ask questions, I suppose." He looked straight at me. "Very unlike most Midgardians." I was confused by the term 'Midgardians'. Of course, who was I to judge?

      "Tell me, Ruby, why exactly are you here." "I asked you something first." He rose an eyebrow, chuckling at my remark. "Daring, I like it." He circled me. He definitely wasn't normal, which I liked. "How was that daring?" I asked. "Ah, I asked you something first." He quoted. I laughed. He was very different, which wasn't something you find around New York. Most people were the same and didn't socialize like this. "Answer my first question and maybe I'll answer you." "Maybe?" His voiced echoed. "Seems I'll have to take a chance with that." He felt his forehead, feeling a cut and blood staining his pale hand. "Damn." He whispered. "I might as well answer you." He continued. "I come with plans with a world made free from freedom. I wish to rule Midgard with my army of Chitauri." I blinked. He wanted to rule us? Well this was new. I nodded. "Now you tell me why you're here." It didn't seem like I had been here long. Maybe an hour or so. It wasn't much to tell him. "I saw that hole appear in the sky and the creatures started to attack so I hid here." He nodded, an almost apologetic look on his face.

        A ship flew by the hole he made and floated, waiting for him to board. He looked at me and then the ship. He needed to go. It's not that I wanted him to go. He was very kind to me. He started to walk to the ship. At the edge, he turned back to me, holding out his hand. "Come with me."