Five - A special person never leaves your mind

He told me to think of my favorite person in the whole world.

So I did.

Then he said to imagine that they just died.

After a while of silence, he sighed, "that's how I feel. Knowing that I lost you forever. And you'll never come back for me. I miss you."

And then he walked away.

~

Madison's POV

I open my heavy lids and a certain pain starts itching again, a pain that I almost forgot I had. Right then, I notice something different. Why did the ceiling of my room suddenly turn white? Why is the light so different here?

"Who are you?" a small girly voice reaches my eardrums and I move my head to where it's coming from and a girl, around eight maybe, stares at me while holding her Barbie with both of her hands. She has light brown hair up in a ponytail, her skin looks like porcelain and her eyes are green and their not unfamiliar to me at all. She looks so confused and scared while she holds the Barbie against her chest as if the plastic toy would protect her from this stranger that I certainly am. I slowly sit up on the bed with the help of my hands, supporting them on either sides of my body. But I soon stop because my wrist still hurts like hell, prohibiting me from doing pressure on it. I take a quick glance at it and it is wrapped in a white cloth. How did this even happen? I don't remember putting this.

"Who are you?" I hear the same question again and I look at the girl who still has the Barbie pressed onto her. I notice behind her some posters of bands on the wall and realize that this is surely not my room. Where am I?

"Uhm, I'm Madison" I stutter, taking a break from the immense thoughts popping in my mind. The little girl immediately smiles after hearing my name and her smile brings me back to earth. The way her mouth shapes the skin around it to show up a grin, I feel like I've seen that before. And when I was starting to figuring out that, I sight a portrait on the bedside table with that same smile on a guy who's also known as Peter. Every piece starts to fit together, letting the knots on my mind get loose. This is Peter's room, I'm in his house and that girl is probably his sister. I begin to freak out a little. I shouldn't be here; I should be in my own room, not in some guy's bed. I don't know a bit about him besides his name.

I seek for my phone on my jeans and reach it, pressing the lock button. I check the time and I can't believe I've been here for so long. I've been asleep for three damn hours in a stranger's bed.

I start to remember what happened. He picked me up by the lake to take us to somewhere safe from the storm that was coming. Of course, he couldn't take me to my house, he doesn't know where it is. How did I not think about that? I was too tired; if I had the notion I wouldn't let that happen.

Now that I'm all recovered from the rollercoaster of emotions I was in, I regret the previous events. Oh god, I wish I could rewind. I shouldn't have given him the trust I gave, I shouldn't have stayed with him by the lake, I should have walked away while I could. He's not here to take care of me or make me feel better like he pretended to. He's a guy and I sure know what guys like him normally do. They break hearts. They take the advantage of owning them to pick up a hammer to destroy them. I'm not going to be stupid again, not this time.

I pull the covers of the bed off of me and hop out. As soon as both of my feet touch the soft carpet, the door cracks open and a tall guy comes to my sight, shirtless and with a white towel around his waist. Trails of water are coming from his hair down to his face and then to his body. For a stranger, I've already saw his abs too many times and I don't think that's normal. He sees that I'm already awake and hurries himself to the closet to put on something. I stand awkwardly sited by the edge of the bed without knowing what to do. The little girl is still staring at me as if I'm some kind of creature from her fantasy world. But her scared face changed to happiness the moment I said who I am. Does she know me already?