Letter Three: The Fight

Dear Mom,

Mel and I fought today. I'm so mad at myself. I got mad at her because she didn't want to tell the team something and now, she probably hates me.

We found out that the bad guy lived in our victims' home. His mother died and his father left him and he had a sister. Mel and I looking into the sister of our bad guy, Johnny.

We found out that one of the victims, Mrs. Evans, was told she couldn't get pregnant, so she and her husband adopted a little girl named Darla. Shortly after, Mrs. Evans learned she was pregnant and had a little girl named Meggy. Since Darla was 4, the Evans were able to convince her that she was their real daughter. Darla is really our bad guy's sister.

I wanted to tell the team right away, but Mel thought we should wait. I got mad at her because I've been on the BAU longer and I thought I knew more. She got upset and left. I feel terrible now.

She caught the bad guy all on her own and now, she's barley even speaking to me. I feel like she hates me.

We're on our way home from Texas right now. I can hear Mel and Hotch talking. He's going out tonight and Mel's gonna babysit his son. Maybe I can go over and talk to her while she's babysitting.

I have feelings for her, mom. I really do. I think I'm in love with her. I hope I didn't ruin any chances of her liking me by fighting with her.

We're about to land. I'll write you again soon. I love you.

Sincerely,

Spencer