The Secret Encore

White plastic chairs were gathered around a stage within a small, local castle hall. The graduates of the year were trying to stay in said chairs as they blearily watched a magician work his tricks. 

    One particular girl in the front row weaved in and out of consciousness as the twilight hours were left far behind. She silently laughed at the poor man on stage. The one who had no idea what he only wished he had. Which was her only substantial secret. It had been weighing on her mind for years, an almost infuriating idea that no one knew. It fluttered at the edges of her mind. No, the corners of her eyes. THERE!

   She reached out her palms facing up to hold a fluttering piece of fluffy light. It was soft and was the size of a melon. The glow became brighter as if it sensed the growing idea that she fostered. As if it anticipated the very action. 

   She smiled lazily. What did it matter if everyone found out? She wouldn't see any of the people in the room ever again. It was natural to go away when you come of age. So, with her mind made up, the girl who had few friends let her beloved secret out with spread arms. 

   The light in her palms sprung up into the air above all the graduates and split into a million pieces. It fell upon all with it's soft glow as if it was fresh snow. Everyone was awed, most couldn't decide which to gape at. The girl or the light. 

   Finally, the girl closed her eyes and fell into oblivion with the faintest glints of magic in her mind.