The mirror

I looked in the mirror while contemplating what to do. The private investigator had just proven that my boyfriend had cheated on me with another woman, although I dared not cry. I felt my inner thoughts taunting me every time I thought of her. The pictures of him and her
spread out on the bed, and the gun I owned for safe keeping sat next to the pictures.

"You should just kill him. He obviously doesn't care for you anyway."

   I just shook my head and frowned. If I killed him then I'd never spend the rest of my life with him. As long as I had Jonathan, nothing
else matters in this world. I heard a faint squeaking noise as Jonathan, the love of my life, yelled he was home.

I looked one last time in the mirror. My long black curls hung loose covering my pale white skin. I had a frown written on my face. I used to be so joyful, so alive, but now I just felt dead inside.

"Honey, I'm in the bedroom!" I called out to him, trembling in worry.

There were now beads of sweat that formed on my forehead.

   "There you are, Annabeth," Jonathan sang song-like. "I'm sorry I'm late, babe. I had such a long day at work. I've been extremely busy at
the station," he stated smoothly, as if it didn't hurt him to lie. I knew what he did, and there was no hiding that.

   "What are these?" I spat out as I grabbed the pictures, throwing them at him. I wasn't worried anymore. I was livid. The look of shock
hit his face before he got enraged.

   "Where did you get those?" he said softly. It was almost as if he spoke to a child, but even though the words were full of venom I
didn't let that affect me. Jonathan needed to realize that he was mine alone. He should only be in love with me.

   "I had some help from a friend, dear," I sweetly spoke, though my words were laced with the same venom to match his own. I had a grin on my face that almost made me look like the Cheshire cat in Alice in Wonderland.

   He started throwing out words that I did not appreciate hearing. My Jonathan loved me. How dare he saying such harsh words to my face?

   "He doesn't love you Annabeth. He wants the other girl. You will never be enough. He is too magnificent for you."

  The voices in my head spoke to me loud and extremely lucid. My smile turned to a frown, and I screamed in agony. "Begone from my
head, dumb voices!" I said before I started pounding on my head with my fists. Jonathan stared at me with fear.

  "You're insane, you and I are done," he stuttered unsurely as he backed steadily toward the door. His messy brown hair was covering his bright green eyes, but it didn't take a genius to know he stared at me in fright.

   "You don't mean that, honey." I spoke loudly, trying to convince myself. "I'm all you have, Jonathan."

   Jonathan looked at me and smirked, "I have Claudia."

   I gasped at him, and I looked over at the gun on the bed. I picked it up and started twirling it in my hands.

   "Don't you love me Jonathan?" I asked calmly. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes. This was his last chance to beg for forgiveness.

  Jonathan stares at me long before answering back strongly, "I never loved you."

   His words felt like a bullet to my chest.
I started screaming, "Liar!" over and over again. I looked over back to the mirror, and I saw Jonathan and my own reflection. I heard
voices yelling at me. They told me I knew what to do, and suddenly the voices just became too overwhelming.

"You think you don't love me, babe, but in a matter of minutes you'll see we will be together forever," I said calmly. My hands shook. He
tried to run, but it was too late. I shot him straight in the chest, and he fell onto the ground. After he struggled for a bit, the life
eventually started to fade out of him. The tears that threatened to spill were now running down my face. His lifeless body went limp, with
his dull green eyes staring back up to the ceiling. I sprinted to Jonathan crying as I dropped the gun.

"Everything is going to be okay, love! I promise!" I laughed out, "The monsters in my head promised me!" Tears and blood soaked Jonathan's body. The voices in my head whispered to me. They almost felt comforting. I knew there was only one thing I needed to do if I wanted to be with my love forever. I giggled quietly as I look over at the gun I dropped on the floor.

I kissed Jonathan's head, and closed his eyes for him. He looked so peaceful. I crawled over to the gun. My quiet giggling turned to psychotic laughter as I placed the cool gun in my hand, and pointed it at my temple.
Police sirens could be heard outside the house now. My neighbors must of heard the gun shot and called the police, so I had to make my death quick.

"Now Jonathan and I will be together forever," I whispered excitedly to myself as I pulled the trigger.

The end.