Siren Song: Crush

Damian
Damian would watch, observe, analyze, call it what you will; but he did it none the less. He found himself doing it more lately, not meaning to, not really; just happens from time to time, more often then not. He was in the training room, cleaning his katana when Jason barged in, rage laced into his features, and something sparked in those captivating green eyes of his.

Damian watched silently as Jason took out his frustrations on the worn punching bag; right hook, left hook, upper cut, lower cut, high kick, and so on.
It was this that he watched, but not specifically the action. No. It was different, more intimate on his part than it should've been. But that wasn't right, was it? He was asexual (right?), Jason was definitely not gay, so why was these simple little things bothering him so much?

He tried shifting his focus to cleaning his Katanas, sharpening them, repairing them, anything to keep his mind off of the person on the other side of the room. He found himself quietly humming, something he found quite distracting. Excellent.

It was soft, sweet, and paired with his voice it was downright gorgeous. Like a siren song, everything you would want to hear, but nothing that you expected. He noticed that Jason's actions had quieted down a bit, and there was something half-hearted in the punches now, but he didn't turn around; he hummed, moving on to sharpening the several throwing knives lying in a neat row.

He continued, moving from one knife to the other, trying to control his emotions, even if was just music. He was singing now, softly, surely. His mind drifted back to Jason, those beautiful green eyes, silky black hair, that one white streak, scarred skin, and everything else.

It was simple, if he wanted to be juvenile about it, he had the biggest crush possible on Jason Peter Todd, and there was nothing he could do about.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jason

Jason listened, and could've sworn someone was humming; a beautiful sound that he couldn't identify. It was soft, sweet, sure, and concentrated; and there was nothing stopping him from easing his punches to listen. It was soothing, calm washing over his body as the voice starting singing.

He fell in love with the sound, stopping his punches completely and looking over to where the sound was coming from. A shadowy figure was looming over Damian's weapons table. He walked to the figure, slowly, quietly, taking caution. The room was almost completely dark, rain hammering against the windows, thunder filling any other silence, lightning illuminating the room at random moments. He reached his hand out, touching the muscled shoulder of someone. The figure spun around quickly, knife spinning against his own throat before he put his hands up, "Easy," The figure sighed, putting the knife down and looking up, "Damnit, Todd."

Jason's eyes grew in size, mouth falling open stupidly, "Damian?" Damian scoffed half-heartedly. Jason caught, "No, I'm a siren taking form of a dead kid I found in the harbor." Jason laughed lightly. "Smartass."

A comfortable silence fell over them, Damian staring up at Jason and Jason staring down at Damian. And in that short amount of time, it was like Damian grew. His face seemed to become less round, wild green eyes growing darker, jawline and cheekbones becoming sharper, and he was no longer a snarky little brat.

He was a beautiful teenager, someone who had grown to become his own person. This man with an intoxicating voice, with long fanned out lashes, and translucent green eyes. It scared Jason. It suddenly struck him that Damian might find someone, might fall in love, might leave. God. He sounded like golden boy now. But what Damian had said stuck in place. "Siren." Mystical creatures that lure sailors in with their singing, deadly but beautiful. To be honest? That's what Damian reminded him of.

He realized that he and Damian had gotten physically closer, and he was still staring into the assassin's emerald eyes. Jason coughed, barely breaking his gaze and taking a small, forced step back. Damian looked down, grinning a bit, and looked back up again, "I should- I should go. See you later, Todd." Damian's eyes held so much, yet so little, and there was no way to decipher what he was thinking; especially since he had been trained to show nothing.

Then something unexpected happened. Damian didn't move. Jason expected him to run out, mull over what had just occurred, and deny that he ever sang or made any contact with other human beings. But he didn't. He stood there, beautiful eyes staring up at Jason; and now it was clear. He knew what those eyes held, because he was sure that was what he looked like. It was adoration, fear, lust, sorrow, anger, and something else that he couldn't place. It terrified him.

His eyes flicked back to Damian's face, and all that he could think about was how beautiful the other man was. He was going to regret what he was about to do. "Don't kill me." Damian raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow. "What are you-" But Jason silenced him by putting his hands on his hips, pulling him forward, and locking his lips with the others. Damian made a noise, but soon relaxed into the contact and leaned against the table. Jason brought his head back a fraction, took a look at Damian's face. The younger looked wild, his eyes wide as the moon and hands looking to touch Jason but never quite reaching. Damian smashed his lips against the hood's, smiling into the kiss and wrapping his arms around Jason's neck. Jason gripped Damian's hips harder and licked the younger's lip; Damian opened his mouth for the vigilante and quietly moaned. Jason broke away and put his forehead to Damian's collar bone, brows furrowed at how much this affected him.

               "I-...Todd, I..Why did you...?" Damian didn't know what to do, it was like his view had been flipped completely. Jason tightened his hold around the others waist, "Sorry about that, lil' D; you can slit my throat later." Damian gently brushed Jason's hair back,