Kaneki V Yamori

Author's note :
So here's my second fanfic. Hopefully it's a new theme in the tokyo ghoul AU. For those of you who don't know, Hikari Kirishima is Touka's mother. And Arata Kirishima is her father. And Aki is...Aki from my other story.
I've used two of my friend's OC's I really liked. I figured their character would make an amazing addition to the storyline.
Here goes nothing...

The world was a cruel place, and the Glade was its darkest pit. The battle ground. Ghouls fought for life and death. It was a battlefield that was made by Kureo Mado. The time when ghoul society turned upside down. They were circus material. Now made to cannibalize to survive.
Kaneki sat there in his cell. His week's dose of coffee was thrown at him in a packet. He had won every battle since the beginning. So had every member of Anteiku. Not to mention Eto and Takizawa.
The ghouls had to fight to win their food, or become food.
The glade was surrounded by first class members of the CCG. The arena was made out of the quinque of hundreds of ghouls that were killed in the revolutionary project called the Hitler's revolution. What remained of the ghouls were the Glade.
They were controlled by CCG technology. During the revolution they advanced the RC detectors. Hence ghouls every where were caught and killed or sent to the glade. Cochlea was a dreamland that ceased to exist.
Amon didn't like the idea of this. His views changed after he saw Mado as a cold and heartless old man. He wanted to help them. But feared the consequences do releasing a bunch of uncontrolled kakuja ghouls in the city. Medication to kakuja was under progress. Dr. Kanou's daughter, with Amon visited the ghouls every week. She often met up with Kaneki and Kuzen. She had been working to develop human instincts in ghouls. Reversing her dad's procedures. Planting human organs...into ghouls.
She wanted a subject to test on. The only ghoul capable was Hinami. So with Kuzen's permission she took her. And tests have been running ever since. Hinami was alive.
The workers banged on Kaneki's cell door. The Eyepatch. The Centipede. "You're up against Jason. Get your creepy kakuja out there."
The incident last month.
Yamori and Naki stood there clenching their fists. Touka stood at the cell door holding the bars watching as her parents were to fight for their survival. Her knuckles turned white.
She knew her father was strong. But knew she was about to lose them. She held the bars tighter gritting her teeth as a scream suppressed in her throat. A warm tear ran down her cold cheek. "No..." she whimpered, breathing heavily.
Yomo sat on the stone seat attached to the wall, watching in vain with his fingers interlaced in prayer. The only light nearby were the torches outside. It was an overcast evening and crows flew across the sky. The arena was filled with a carnival crowd.
The battle got vigorous.
Jason's half kagune sprouted as he charged straight at them. Naki leaped sideways hurling at them in an arc. Both the Aratas' kakuja lit up. Arata kicked Naki aside and Hikari blurred past Jason slashing his left hip.
Jason growled. Arata was fighting Naki. He did a roundhouse striking Naki's ribs with his heel. That sent him flying as he bit the dust. Jason glared at Arata as half his smile was visible under the kakuja.
His kagune wrapped around Hikari's neck.
"Nooo!" Arata let out a blood chilling scream as it echoed, silencing the whole crowd for a moment.
He pounced towards him. Naki tackled him from the side and bit his neck. Arata held his hair and threw him back. As he tried to get up again, Naki's koukaku punctured his leg.
He cried gritting his teeth. She held her arm out to reach for him. Jason simply tightened his grip around her neck. Arata put all his effort and jumped. With his good leg, he kicked Naki's face so hard it turned the other way. Crsnackp.
Limping, he walked ahead. Jason's laugh was completely soulless.
He threw her in front of him. Cracking his forefinger with his thumb. He propelled off his kagune charging at Arata.
Jason lashed out his kagune aiming for Arata who lost all hope. Jason's kagune could be sen in the reflection of Arata's kakugan.
Hikari gained her breath and came in the way of Jason's kagune facing Arata. The blood splayed across Arata's face as he watched in horror without blinking.
She coughed blood as it dripped down her neck. She smiled at him with her red kakugan fading.
Jason carried her up with his kagune out and threw her aside. "Filth." he spat. He broke Arata's other leg as he cried out in pain. The crowd went wild.
Jason walked around savoring his victory. He sat over Arata's back and pulled his hair back. Sitting atop him, he pulled his head back so Arata could hear him.
His other hand held Arata's fingers.
He whispered "Count backwards. From Thousands... By sevens."
"Rot in hell." Arata said biting his teeth.
He broke it off. Another spine chilling scream. His vision blurred.
.... That was the end of Arata and Hikari Kirishima.
Jason fed like a wild dog as Yomo and Touka saw everything. He turned around looking at the cells for Yomo. He couldn't find him, but Yomo saw him. His kakugan lit up.
Touka punched the wall so hard her knuckles broke and she cried. She pounded the ground with her other hand crying and repeating "no, no, no, no..." she fell on the floor.
"Let me go Amon! Please!" Aki yelled. "She can't take it."
"FINE! But under your own risk. Go. Don't come crying if anything happens."
He ran from one end of the arena to the containment unit on the other end. He put the quinque in a holster and ran through looking for Touka's cell. He ran past Kaneki, Kuzen and the Anteiku members. Kaneki stood when he saw Aki run by.
Aki almost skipped Touka's cell. He held the gate and pulled himself back. She was lying curled up on the floor. Her right fist covered in blood.
He unlocked the gate with his quinque and pushed it open. She turned to see him. Her kakugan activated in anger. She lost control of herself and pounced on him, pushing him back into the wall, sinking her teeth into his shoulder.
He groaned. The pain was nothing compared what she just went through. He thought.
She smelled fresh meat. After swallowing a part of his shoulder she reached into his coat pocket and pulled out the package. Tearing open the brown covers, she ate like a starved wolf. And after she ate the whole piece, her mind started to come back to normal. She cried again, realizing what she just did. He was leaning back on the wall.
"Aki..." she whimpered. "I'm so sorry.." she said as her s' sounding like z's
He stood there, holding his shoulder as it healed back.
She came up to him and hugged him. He almost collapsed but she caught him.
Her kakugan didn't fade. It was stuck. The hunger kept the kakugan frozen.
But she was still beautiful to him. And there was nothing more he wanted than for her to lead a normal life.
"Relax Blue. You know I can heal." he said.
"But.. "
"Sh... " he placed a finger on her lip. "I know it hurts losing them Touka. He will die."
"Red...I'm scared..." she said. It was rare coming from her. But she was always like this... Just around him.
He put an arm around her. "I promise. We'll come up with the cure. I'm so sorry." he said as he injected the RC suppressor into her. He never let anyone near her except Amon. They trusted each other like brothers.
Amon knew everything about Aki. Initially he thought Aki was a half ghoul. But after seeing what he really was, he wanted him in the CCG since Akira had died.
She calmed down and her Kakugan deactivated. She laid in his arms for a while.
He laid her on the stone projection from the wall that was supposed to be the seat. He kissed her forehead.
"Is it wrong ...to be a ghoul... Ak...ki.?" She murmured.
"I promise Touka." He said irrelevant to what she asked.
On his way out, he stopped at Kaneki's cell. He held out one of RC suppressor that kept his kakuja under control.
"You're matched up next Kaneki. I want you to take his head off." Aki's faced looked murderous. Kaneki simple nodded. Wind through his white hair.
He passed by Eto as well. She as usual was wrapped up in her bandages.
"Here." he called. She held her arm out to take it.
"Be careful here. Not everyone is as nice to you as me. " she pointed at his shoulder. "I care because you're like a little brother."
"Onee..." he held her hand. "I don't think the cure is working too well on halves."
"I never asked for a cure Red. Let them accept me as who I am. Or die."
He pulled back at the last word.
"Don't wanna lose you too." And he was gone.
Amon saw blood at his shoulder but no wound. "What will you tell them?" he asked.
He pulled out his short quinque and stabbed himself on the shoulder. To make it look like he was still bleeding. Amon placed his hand on the other shoulder. "You're not balanced Aki. Don't let them find out about us. Mado especially. He'll throw us in there. Arima doesn't know you. If he does...He'll kill you."
"I'd like to see him try." he said.

The mistress and two timer watched the LCD on their cell walls. There was a small hole in the wall between the most of the cells. It wasn't big enough to notice. Only voices could be heard. Both of them leaned on the wall sitting close to the hole on either side.
"He doesn't stand a chance against Eyepatch." Mistress said softly, licking her lips.
"No he doesn't. He's Anteiku." Her brother agreed.
Mistress wrapped her arms around he legs and sat comfy as they just had their fill.
Every Anteiku member was a commercial star. So were the heads of the Aogiri.
CCG members used to fight puny ghouls in the glade to make a name. But not a single human dared to face Anteiku or any of the stronger ghouls.
Rain lashed. He wore his mask. The whole arena was filled with people. Humans holding popcorns and cheering for their favorite gladiator.
Jason stood in the middle of the arena. It was dark. Open ground with a few structural skeletons. He stood there. Bare chested wearing his mask. When he saw Kaneki walking out into the field, his half kagune wrapped the right side of his body. As the cracked Jason mask fell.
Kaneki saw Aki standing at the second level of the containment unit. He saw a glimpse of Touka in her cell. Kaneki's eyes met Aki. They both nodded.
Kaneki took stance as his kakugan lit up. He gained control over himself preventing himself from going into kakuja. Jason leaped at Kaneki, flying in the air at a blurring velocity. Just as he approached, Kaneki got down on a knee. When he was close enough, he jumped slowly, raised his right leg high up and slammed Jason's head into the mud with his ankle. Cracking it.
It wasn't much of a fight. So Jason was dead. The LCDs in every ghouls cell lit up. The Eyepatch wins.
"He's so cute, isn't he?" Mistress purred, rubbing her legs.
He held the body up. Blood oozed from the place where Jason's head would be. It trailed onto the wet battlefield as he dragged it across the . the crowd was going nuts as Jason's head was the only thing stuck in the mud on the Glade field. Blood oozed and a trail formed as he dragged him up the stairs.
He shut the cell door. Ripping apart his leg, he fed. Almost every ghoul in the city was captured under the Glade.
All of them developed kakuja from cannibalism.
There was a match every month for a ghoul. Mado suggested they kill each other and die while it becomes survival of the fittest and their population goes down.
But whenever it came to Kaneki, there never was much of a fight. Each member of Anteiku only prayed. For two things.
Never to face each other. And to get out of this hell hole. They began to plan. Somehow establishing connection between all the members. Nishio had been killed. He was too weak. Hinami had always been matched up with a weak ghoul so she could be famous.
The glade became a business. An entertainment centre for humans.
The next match in the glade was...