The Rebel

"Hold still Hinami." Aria-san said as she injected the pale green semisolid serum into her

Hinami was pale and weak. She was slowly losing her RC count. Aria's treatment was working, but she still needed to feed.

"Aria san? Is it wrong to be born a ghoul?"

She turned to her. "Not at all dear." she cupped her face. "But wouldn't you rather lead a normal life? A life where you don't need to take another?"

She sighed.

"Hisashi-Kun is coming to see you."

Her face brightened a little on hearing his name.

"How much more longer will it take Aria-san?"

"I don't know Hina. Honestly. But I promise you'll be fine soon alright?"

Aria Kanou took out her buzzing phone and answered the call.

"Hello Doctor." Aki said.

"Hey Aki. When are you coming?"

"I'll be there in a few. But hear me out... I think I'll need more RC suppressors here."

"Uh...I.. Look.. I'm trying to sneak out as many as I can. I've been preparing my own drug as well. It'll be more effective than the regular ones. "

"Good to hear."

"Oh and...Aki... "

"Yes?"

She looked at Hinami as she lay on her bed. Walking aside she turned pink. "How's Amon-san?"

"He's great. He's coming along with me to collect the package. I'll ask him to meet you downstairs."

"Thank you so much Aki-kun."

"Take care. Be there soon."

Aki stayed with Amon. They lived together. It was a dimly lit room with a single window. Clothes were neatly folded and placed on the corner of the bed.

"Ok let's do this." He threw his shirt to the side as Amon held the knife.

"Are you sure? I know you heal fast but... " Amon asked standing behind him.

"Just... Cut... "

Aki sat on the steel chair in the room. They stayed together.

Amon placed a pencil between Aki's teeth as he bit onto it.

"Ready?"

He took quick breaths.

"Three... Two..."

He stabbed Aki's shoulder before one.

Aki bit the pencil hard screaming between his teeth. Amon dragged the knife cutting out a piece of Aki's shoulder. Blood ran down the left of his back. He arched his neck back to the right.

When Amon pulled the piece of flesh out, Aki bit the pencil so hard it broke and he let out a blood curling scream.

"Breathe."

Amon placed the piece of flesh on a sheet and wrapped it.

Aki was near unconscious. Amon went back and wrapped a bandaid around his shoulder. He put Aki's arm over his shoulder and helped him up. It was healing already. But the pain was something compared to Touka's bite.

"I despise you Aki." Amon said.

"Let's go... We need to get back to duty by sunset."

"Why don't you get some rest? I'll give the packet to Hinami."