How to be a Tumblr Girl

Chapter One

Beginning Your Account

In this chapter I'm going over how to:

Pick a username

Make your bio/ customize your blog

Gain mutual followers

First post

How to comment

Pick a Username

Let's think of the usual components of the usual Tumblr Girl blog/account. Seriously. Think. Here's a few:

Always has something dip-dyed

Replace O's for 0's and g's for q's

Always has an over used word. Ex: okay, what, wut, -licious, awko, etc.

An 'X' added to the end

How to make your Bio/ Customize your blog

Instagram Bio:

Have a cute font- get apps like Phonto or Cool Fonts to give your bio a splash of uniqueness. Don't get too crazy on fonts though, because on some devices, the font comes in blocks.

Have a quote- everyone appreciates a good, old-fashioned quote. This could be about love, life, or just something that inspires you. Make it original even.

Tell what your account is about- Do you post your own photos? Maybe you have a goal ammount of followers you want? Looking for a co-owner? Put it there! Want your followers to know your name? What about if your online or not? Go ahead! But remember, you only have so many characters to use, so choose wisely what you decide to put.

Tumblr Blog

Use the free themes- there are so many awesome free themes, It's just kind of hard to picture them as a blog because of the weird sample. People often forget that you can change your color of the different components of the theme, so keep an open mind.

In the bio, keep it simple. It's not like Instagram at all, but still be yourself.

Gaining Mutual Follows

Here are some ways to make followers on Instagram and Tumblr quickly:

Do follow for follow. You follow someone and they follow you back. On Instagram, people will usually hashtag if they want to and on Tumblr, you look up that tag and follow everyone who post something with that tag and they should follow you back

ALWAYS #TAG# YOUR POSTS! Literally tag everything that is on your post. For example, if you posted a picture of your Starbucks drink (cliché, I know) you would #starbucks, #starbuckscoffe, #coffee, #carmelfrapp, #freewifi, #green, #brown, #whippedcream, #speltmynameright, etc. It will not only gain you likes, but even the occasional follower.

If your a new account, also put #newaccount and #sfs. Why? Because you can go to other people with that hashtag and ask for a F4F. (Follow for follow)

First Post

Your first post needs to be something that really sends out your vibes to people. You can NEVER have something random that you reposted or reblogged. Once you have your goal amount of followers you can do that, and give credit of course. Ultimately, your first post is totally up to you, so you can do this if you want. But don't forget about the vibes. Post something that represents you the best. That could be a selfie with some new merch from the mall, your favorite book, or that rose that just bloomed in your front yard.

How to Comment

Now that you figured out what your first post is going to be, what do you write for a comment? This is a big question. Nobody likes someone who doesn't comment. Here's my top 5 tips for commenting on Instagram:

“What is that?” Tell your followers what the picture is, where you took it (or who you took it from), and why you like it.

Use Emojis. They are those little emoticons that are faces, animals, fingers, people, food, etc. You can get it on nearly any app store and when you get it the app shows you how to put it on your keyboard! Emojis help show your personality just a little better.

Make a question of the day. A qotd is a great way for your followers to interact with you!

Space out your comment. We don't want to see a messy comment. Space out every one or two sentences with a bullet point.

HASHTAG! Don't forget to tag everything! #dontforget

YAY! So there's chapter one! I hope you found this very informative! Vote, comment, and fan! I'll be uploading the next chapter soon!

Any questions that I didn't cover in this chapter? Comment below and I'll answer then edit the story!

XOXO

UPDATE: I haven't touched this since December of 2013. I'm not completelt sure if I should continue with this, but if I get as many hits as I did on my next chapter I will continue :)