Chapter 1

It was a cold stormy day and the raindrops fell like tears from the gods. "Luke, come! It's time to eat dinner!" They were having the delicious three course dinner. With spaghetti, sandwiches, and cake with ice cream.

Suddenly, the cabin rattled and the lights flickered on and off. "What's happening "! Luke exclaimed. " I knew this day would come". Said Luke's mother. "Luke it's time for you to go". His mother said.

Luke grabbed a bat and his mother opened the door, then a long black devil grabbed her from behind. "Help"! She screamed! Luke ran after the devil, but he flew away. Luke dropped to the floor crying. He'd lost the only person who really loved him and he'd let it just happen.

The next day he had went to school and felt sick with sadness. He wished he could have done something but when the devil flew away it made him feel powerless. He wanted to tell his friends what happened but he knew no one would believe him for two reasons. 1. His story was unbelievable and 2. He wasn't even sure what happened.

After school, he told his best friend Frank to meet him at his house. So they could talk in private.  He had to make sure that no one  was trailing them. Then he made Frank to promise not to tell anyone at all.

"You can see them too" Frank said. So your a another...demigod. What's a demigod? Luke said. Their people with rare abilities. No, I cannot be a demigod I'm just a normal person, okay! He shouted.  Then Frank left and Luke thought about it, maybe he wasn't ready to accept that he could have done something.

He felt sorry for making Frank go away to his house. Maybe he should have given it more thought before he reacted. Then he went to Frank's house to apologize for shouting at him. But when he got to his house to apologize no one answered the door so he went back to his house. He was surprised to find a note on his doorstep. It was from Frank. It said "Meet me at the strawberry farm at 22 mile.

So then he did. He saw many farmers and checked the card and the addresses matched, so he went in. When his whole body when in he felt a large jolt of energy. It felt like the Earth's tectonic plates were shifting and he could feel it. From that point on he knew everything was going to change.