Rush

AO 10 Rush

Age: 11

October, 17TH, AO 10 Andromeda City

I grin as I run past Valence, who at the moment is attempting to blast me with her bolt of lightning. I decide to speed up watching as the world begins to move in slow motion. The movement of the electricity arcs around the main bolt spark and crackle as they reintegrate back into their source. It's honestly beautiful, I know I shouldn't be thinking of a fight against my arch-nemesis as appealing but every time I fight Valence I always am captivated by the pure elegant chaos involving her powers. Even though she's never able to land a single hit on me it's always entertaining to fight, I guess. It's almost saddening that I only get to fight against someone my age when my father has to fight against his sworn nemesis, Shockwave. I dash out of the way of Valence's lightning and observe the terrain around us.

It's an old, abandoned factory that Shockwave had claimed as his own to plot his newest plan to destroy the P-C electricity plant in our city. For some reason Shockwave has this insane idea of destroying the power plant of the city for one reason or another. He has never said why in his speeches to the public. Just that he wishes to destroy the power plant and any people who do not wish to be caught in the crossfire or devastation to leave. I remember shouting at Shockwave why would he want to do such a thing when I met him for the first time after my father and I defeated him. He looked at me with pained eyes and said, "Ask your mentor, Earthquake. After all he's the reason why I want it gone." And then he caused a ball of electricity to envelop him and disappeared. After Shockwave escaped I asked my father why and he said, "It was a mistake that was made several years ago, it does not concern you now go to bed, Atticus." And that ended the conversation because back then I believed everything my father said.

I refocus on the battle at hand and see that my father has taken his battle outside leaving me to fight Valence alone. Valence launches another bold of electricity at me. This time when I speed up I run straight at the bolt and curve my upper torso to the left dodging the bolt while the arcs reach close enough to cause me to get goosebumps. I turn back to facing forwards and run up next to Valence and put my elbow on her shoulder.

I grin then look at Valence, "Now Valence, you do realize that you aren't going to hit me? Why don't you be a good girl and turn yourse-"

Valence turns sharply to face me and starts to throw a bolt of electricity at me, I speed up and immediately duck and spin around her to put my opposite elbow on her other shoulder then say, "It's not nice to interrupt. But seriously you are not going to hit me. Come on, stop delaying the inevitable."

Valence spins then steps back, looking at me, her eyes wide with shock. Then she says, "Well it's not fair when you have super speed. All you do is run around and never strike back. Come on, just fight me for real and stop messing around."

I step back away from her sensing that she's going to shoot a bolt at me soon. "I would except I don't really like hitting people around my age. Can we just talk rather than fight? I have homework we can work on." I say with a grin earning the bolt of electricity which arcs towards me. I speed up and decide to dodge it entirely and run to the left then sprint forward so I'm within striking distance of Valence.

I poke her on the forehead then go back to my original position after the bolt of electricity has passed. "See it's not very fair that way." I say laughing as she flails, flapping her arms like a penguin trying to fly as she tries to remain on her feet. She gives me a death glare causing her eyes to spark which sends shivers down my back. Maybe that was a bad idea to tick her off.