Chapter 14

"Yes I am certain! " said Chezhiyan.

"Let's just say that you are wrong! What we'll do then? " asked Ameer.

"I don't know! " came the reply from Chezhiyan.

"What do you mean you don't know? If you are wrong then we'll be doomed for breaking into the crime scene and also they'll suspect us of distracting them on purpose! " said a restless Ameer.

"You're right. But those will happen only when I'm wrong. I don't think I'll be wrong here. " said Chezhiyan.

"But what if you are right? " asked Ameer.

"Seriously macha, how many questions you'll ask? You never change buddy! " laughed Chezhiyan.

"Hello? we are in no mood to have sweet talks, and was that your way of dodging my question? " asked Ameer.
"What question?  " Chezhiyan asked in reply.

"If the police are behind this, then telling them about what we found will be suicidal, won't it? " Ameer raised the question.

"It depends on who we are going to say about it" said Chezhiyan.

"How will you know that the person we are reporting is clean? " asked Ameer.

"That is what I am thinking of, also when are we going to approach them? " Chezhiyan said as Ameer sat down beside him.

"What about morning? " suggested Ameer.

"What if it's too late? I mean anything can happen. " asked Chezhiyan.

"Yes that's right. But we can't tell our homes that we're headed to the police station and that too at this hour! Can we? " said Ameern

"Yeah. Maybe we can tell them that we are going out" suggested Chezhiyan.

"What will happen if it takes too long?" asked Ameer.

"We'll tell them something then, it doesn't matter. Once we're out, then the only problem is finding the right person to approach! " said Chezhiyan.
He continued " Did you remember the cop who discovered Pandian's death?"

"Yup I do! We shall approach him. He is of the Muthialpet station only! " exclaimed Ameer.

"No we shouldn't approach him! There's a huge chance that he might be the killer or at least he could be working for the killer " said Chezhiyan.

On seeing the barren look in Ameer's face, Chezhiyan continued
"I say this because we think that a cop is behind this and the only way to convince the cops about our point is to tell them how we came to that conclusion. That means we need to tell them everything we know. Right from the conversation to the truth serum. So that cop, who found out about Pandian's death is a no go. "

"What if he isn't the culprit and the one we report to is the culprit? " asked Ameer.

"That's why I'm planning to reveal only a part of our findings initially and after confirming that they are clean, we can tell them all. " said Chezhiyan.

"What are you going to hide? " asked Ameer.

"The part about the truth serum or lethal injection in this case. " said Chezhiyan.

"What am I supposed to do? Do I have anything to keep in mind? " asked Ameer.

"Don't worry, Just play along with me. You'll be fine. " said Chezhiyan.

"No it's okay if I am involved. It's only good to tell the whole truth by ourselves. Don't try to protect me and all! " told Ameer.

"As you wish! We better get going then! " Chezhiyan said as he copied the notes he made to his phone.
On their way to the station, Chezhiyan sent a copy of the notes to Ameer.