The First Date

The time I reached the sculptures, I bumped a guy wearing red long sleeves and pair of jeans, a total casual outfit. When I landed on the floor mantled with red carpet, the guy helped me out. “I’m sorry” he said politely. “It’s ok, I’m good” I replied staring straight into his brown eyes. “Care for a drink?” he offered. “Nah! Still a minor, as you can see” I declined his invitation. “Lunch perhaps?” he asked again. “Sure, meet me outside of the museum after I gather my stuff” giving him a smile.

                  After that, I went to the backstage and gathered some of my costume; bid my farewell on Karen and Mr. Albino. I proceeded outside of the crowded museum and saw the guy waiting for me politely. When he saw me, he turned his direction towards me and gave me a smile “Ready for lunch?”. We went searching for a restaurant, but every time I point on a place to eat, he disagrees with me and mumbles “Too many people”. We passed the E 88th street, Madison Ave., E 91st street, The Elenis New York, Jackson Hole, Yura On Madison but still those places are full. If not full they are occupied by costumers. Then we reached a cute little cozy restaurant, the Table d'Hôte located on E 92nd street. No costumers, only the two of us. An old lady who was the attendant, named July handed us the menu. We ordered two sliced breast of duck with mushroom and Marsala.

                After the attendant left, the guy started a conversation. He said his name was Vince and he asked me if I enjoyed the art exhibit, and I said yes.

                                “What is your favorite art work?” he asked with interest

                                “Well, all of them are wonderful. Thumbs up for the artist”

                                “Thank you then, I was glad I please you”

                                “You’re the artist of the exhibition. Am I Right?”

                                “The one and only” he smiled

                I was speechless, I am in front of one of the best artist here in New York and he asked me on a lunch date. He didn’t even know any information about me, so do I. I just accepted this lunch because I was too hungry and too tired to spend a dime. Actually I didn’t receive any allowance for the reason because it’s a holiday break. I didn’t talk too much to him, I not really a talkative person when it comes to stranger so I let him talk. He talked about Thailand, the recent country he visited. They visited the Elephant Safari at Chang Mai. He and his company stayed at BaanNam Ping Riverside Village still at Chang Mai. They visited a lot of temples and he learned some Thai languages, and the one that made a mark was the word “Po Thai”, clearly I don’t understand what he really said, but he said it means “I don’t speak Thai” I think. But he said, in Philippines it means the female sex organ or the vagina. Quite funny isn’t it, but I didn’t understand it. While telling me all about his experience at Thailand, he was also showing some pictures. I asked him “How did you know that?”. “Know what? Thai? Oh! One of my friends which happened she was with me during the tour knows how to speak Thai” he informed. “How about that Filipino term or word?” I asked once again. “My father is a pure Filipino, and I stayed long enough at the Philippines and learned a lot”.

“What are the things you’ve been doing in the Philippines?” curiosity arose

“Well, after high school I went to my father’s country and tried to search myself. I decided to join a group of missionaries, the Marian’s. I’ve been serving God for a long time as a brother. Them I decided to take a break and went back here at New York”

“What did you say when you left?”

“I only said that I would take a short break then a never came back”

“So much for a break”

                After a little chit chat about himself, he stole a kiss from me. This is what happened, I was just staring outside the busy road and when I faced him he pecked on my lips. Maybe he was just staring at me and waiting for the right time to attack.  I was quite surprised; I can feel my cheeks burning so I hid it away from him. But before that happened he was asking a quick kiss from me; I thought he was just joking. Maybe he was tired of asking and he just did it himself.

The food that we order arrived. In fact, I wasn’t too hungry but I ate just to give him company. “Do you know that I violin” he said proudly. I just nod, but I thought to myself, he’s quite a package, tall, dark and handsome, a magnificent artist, a violinist. Maybe I’ll try to know more about this guy, I thought. He asked me if I want to hang out to his place, I didn’t hesitate and I said yes. Why wouldn’t I? He’s a hot stuff and I have nothing to do in our small apartment. Then something came up, “Do you want to get fucked up?” he asked.