Chapter Fifteen- Yawn.

A/N : Sorry for taking a year and a half off... I never got around to finishing this story. I have five more drafted chapters on Wattpad, and I'll sour my Iphone notes & Google Drive for more content. I probably won't write past what I find, though. I started this story when I was fifteen, and am almost eighteen now... I like to think that my writing style has progressed a bit. Re-reading this has me cringing a bit. Why didn't this kid just call the cops when he was kicked out of his home? Snow in Los Angeles? An absolute lack of narrative pacing? I had no clue what I was doing. I still like some of the story elements, but the romance itself is too cringe-inducing for me to not scrap the whole thing. I hope you all enjoy what I have left of this story, thanks for your comments & support, even when I was inactive on here.

I woke up slowly, to microwave beeps and hearty laughter. The bus was shaking, and the way my body swayed gently reminded me to move away from the open side of my bunk, so I wouldn't risk falling out.

Muffled voices piqued my curiosity, and I twisted my neck to press my ear against the wall towards the common room.

"Is he still asleep? God, it's like, what, thirteen hours now?"

"It's been an eventful few days, I get it."

"I'm glad he's along for the ride. It's gonna be fun having a fresh face around."

My neck let out a worrying click, and I lifted it from the wall. I shimmied into a fresh pair of jeans and jumped down from the bed. I moved the curtain to the side no more than necessary, and sat myself at the built-in table.

"Speak of the devil! How'd you sleep?"

Jinxx asked, sitting across from me and holding his coffee cup by the rim. I shrugged and nodded slightly. CC dramatized a moan, stretching his jaw and vocal chords. My own jaw began to clench, and CC's words intersected with the tail end of his yawn, catching them in a slurred, open mouthed haze.

"Ahaha, go-gotcha!"

My eyes squeezed shut, and Andy's hand startled me by sifting through my hair. I looked up at him and he winked, giving the crown of my head a final pat. Ashley chocked on his leftover pizza, and giggled something into CC's ear, who in turn burst with laughter.

"Okay, you children. What's going on?"

Andy asked, his hand still resting comfortably on my head. My eyes and muscles still held the slight ache of sleep, as if I could fall back again. CC had a hard time dictating his thoughts.

"It was the, aha, the height of his head to the, uh, and the,"

He sent a look to Ashley, cheekily grinning. Ash rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Damn my mind, uh, the level you're at, the open mouth, the looking up, the hand, the fuckin' wink, I just, oh god..."

CC finally gathered himself.

"Andy, ya looked like you just gave a moneyshot!"

I shrunk into the corner of the seat and the wall, covering my face with my hand and trying not to laugh. Everybody else let their laughter fly, dancing on the suggestion.

The feeling of wanting to be swallowed by the ground was secondary in this embarrassment, and that was new for me.

Because I had scooted to the corner, Andy sat down next to me, crossing an ankle over his knee, reaching an arm over the backrest, and taking up a lot of room. I crossed my arms over the table and set my chin on top of them, earning another hair ruffle from Andy.

"Sleepy?"

"Mmm."

I let my eyes close. His hand would twirl in my hair, pull slightly, then scratch around my ears. I could feel my breathing slow, as the slight rocking of the bus put me back to sleep.