~2~

"Please Annika don't leave me! Mujhse Shadi Karoge?!! Wake up sleepyhead and answer my bloody question Paanika!" He said sobbing and Om and Rudra wanted to hug him tightly but they were already pacifying Sahil.

Shivaay kissed Annika's hand, crying and then, he felt a movement. He felt her squeeze his hand, lazily but he felt it.

"Paanika!"

"Don't call me that!" She whispered and coughed. He smiled through his tears which were tears of sorrow. Annika was not seeing clear but she couldn't miss this million dollar smile. His million smile, only dedicated to her.

"Rudra,bring some water!" Shivaay said and Rudra came with water. Shivaay made Annika drink it and she looked at him quizzically. Since when was he this kind to her? He then kissed her forehead and she was way more surprised. But also, Why was she dripping wet?

"Billuji?What happened? Why am I dripping wet?" Anika asked. Dadi walked to her and held her hand.

"Stop it with your questions Annika, just rest for a while. You're stilltired." Dadi said. "Please come with me." Dadi said to her family and all of them left the room, but not before Sahil walked to his sister and kissed her cheek. Shivaay was looking at her intensely while Rudra dragged him out of the room.

When she woke up a while later, she almost fell off the bed on seeing Shivaay sleeping next to her with his head on her abdomen. He was hugging her tightly and she felt as if there was a wet spot on her just where he was sleeping.

'O my mata! Did he just drool on me?' She thought and frowned at this thought. Even though he was her love interest, it was still disgusting.

She caressed his hair and smiled at his angelic form. The pain she felt when he was ready to marry Tia was nothing compared to the love she felt for him. But still she needed explanation..why wad he denying this love she knew he felt for her? Why was he this selfish? Caring about protecting his heart and shattering hers at the same time..

"Annika?"She was so much in her thoughts that she didn't even realized when he woke up and when his hand replaced his hair and was holding her hand.When she looked at him, she felt her heart breaking into millions of pieces. There stood Sivaay Singh Oberoi with red bloodshot eyes. The wet spot wasn't saliva, but tears. Shivaay was still in tears because he was still scared to lose her.

"Why are you like this? Why do you seem to care about me Shivaay?"

"You almost died because of me Annika. You wanted to give your life for me Annika, why?"

'Because my life is nothing without you..' She thought.

'Please say that you love me.' he thought.

"I don't know.. I mean.. I don't know.." She said and Shivaay looked at her knowingly. She was denying her love just like he did few days back.

"Please Annika, say it. Say that you love me too." He said.

"No.You hurt me Billuji. You made me lower that the ground and now you're asking me to love you.. I can't." She said and turned away from him, she winced in pain though.

"Annika..I..I'm sorry.." He said but she didn't turned to him though. She waited for him to go away and when he left she began sobbing. She wanted so bad to tell him 'I LOVE YOU' but what the matter in saying this when trust wasn't there, when even respect wasn't there? Shivaay hated her and he pushed her in Daksh's arms, throwing her every doubt about Tia away because she was nothing. She didn't have a good lineage neither did she have a blue blood to be worth it. She only had her love to offer but he didn't want it.

"Annika?"Daksh said entering the room. He had a sad face and when their eyes met she couldn't understand why he seemed so lost.

"Daksh?Kya hua?" She asked.

"I saw Shivaay leaving your room and I thought that I could visit my fiancée.." He said and Annika wanted to talk but he raised his hand.

"Wait, I understood now.. The looks, Shivaay's anger, your attitude towards him..I understood everything. You love each other... don't need to hide any more Annika. I saw his face when the doctor said that you'd probably die. His face was like the face of a man whom just learns that his wife was dead. I don't want to be the third wheel Annika. That's why I'm giving you the freedom you deserve. Talk to him and sort out the differences you have together. Because life is so short and when you find love, you must hold it with both hands as it's so precious.." Daksh said and took Annika's hand. He pulled off the ring from her finger.

"This is a beautiful ring but it's not right around your finger..." Daksh added and with tearing eyes, he left from this room.

Anika recalled everything that happened between Shivaay and her but what stuck in her mind was these awful words he told Om behind her back.His voice filled with hatred was all she could hear.

On the other hand, Shivaay was just thinking about a way to be with Annika. He wanted her to be a part of his life, he needed her in his life and he couldn't just let go of this.

A week later.

Annika was finally discharged from hospital. She wanted to go back home but she had to pass by the Oberoi Mansion to pick Sahil. She was happy that, at least, they didn't leave him in her bua clutches.

"Annika didi!" Rudra said while he hugged her. "The warrior is finally ready to get out of this place!" Rudra said and Annika smiled.

"I'm happy to see that you're finally okay." Om said. Annika didn't expect Shivaay to show up as he didn't pay her any visit since their talk, a week ago. When she arrived at the mansion, he was going downstairs and their eyes met. [O jaana plays]

His face shocked her. He was pale and his eyes had bags under them as if he hadn't sleep for a while...He looked exhausted. When he looked at her, his eyes beamed with an unknown happiness, and comfort. Her eyes tried to understand what was going on in this pretty mind of his but when she finally understood, she looked away. She began walking and she was supposed to walk past him but Chameli once again played a trick on her and she fell right in his arms.