Introduction

Hi. I am Imogen. I am 13 years old and I was born in Cape Town in South Africa. If you don't know where South Africa is, it is right at the bottom of Africa. If you have never been there before, don't ask me, "do you ride elephants to school?" Or "how do you know about the recent US elections? Do you have a TV?" South Africa is not like that, oh no, very different. I actually ride a car to school. And yes I have a TV. You may or may not have heard about our country; we are unique people. We create new things such as a braai*, a bakkie* and boerwors*. You may have even heard of our government with our very entertaining debates and our extremely interesting President Jacob Zuma. Or you may only know about Nelson Mandela who was very famous for  bringing black freedom to South Africa during apartheid. But that's a different story.

I go to a really small, but nice school in Cape Town (there are 400 children in the whole school and 19 people in my class and one class in my grade). My best friends are Tegan and Annika, but I have many more crazy friends that you will meet later. I am a devout Christian. I socialise more with olde people because I am more mature than some of the people that are my age. That is all I can tell you, but you can read the rest of my memoirs go find out more.

* braai- South African way of saying 'barbecue'.
* bakkie- a truck.
* boerwors- South African sausage.