Chapter 3

"Hey Abby, how you feelin'?" Marissa asked her bestfriend. She sat in a chair in Abby's room.

"Tired," Abby said blankly. She moved into a comfortable position on the bed.

"Well maybe you should take a nap,"Marissa suggested with a small smile. She rubbed her friends hands and peered into her eyes.

"Not that kind of tired, Rissa. I-"

"No Abby, no! You will not give up. You are getting so much better. Abby please!" Marissa begged. She got on her knees by the bed.

"Marissa, you don't understand. You don't. I may look better and have felt better before, but now I'm still in pain. I've been teased and abused because of my loss of hair and everything."

"They were ignorant to the fact that you have cancer. Abby, they know nothing. Not a single thing," Marissa protested. Abby's eyelids got heavy and her chest rose less. She was barely breathing anymore.

"Abby, Abby answer me,"Marissa sobbed. Abby's eyelids closed fully and the EKG showed a flatline.

"Nurse! Nurse! Doctor! Help!"Marissa screamed. In rushed a team of people in white and blue uniform. They pronounced Abby......dead.

_____-_____-______-______-_______-___-_____-________-_____-__-_______-----___--__-

You think I enjoy taking lives...I don't.

"So, it was my time to die?" Abby asked me. We walked towards the portal to Heaven.

"Yes. I've been watching you for 10 days because you had only 10 days to live when you made it on my list. Baby girl, you are goin' to Heaven. You are going on to Glory!"I exclaimed happily. That's the only good thing about this. Abby squeezed my hand and backed away from me.

"What's wrong Abby?"

"I'm afraid." She got misty eyed.

"Don't worry. God has you. As soon as you go through, you'll meet God." I assure her she will meet the Lord of Lords. She wiped her tears.

"When you take people's lives, is there anyone you get attached to that it is almost impossible to take them?" My heart skipped a beat. The only little kid I am attached to is Kadence. He is such a sweetheart. I've been watching him for about a month. The day after tomorrow, it's time for him to go. I haven't even told Delilah that she has a brother and I'm going to take him...or maybe I don't have to take.

"Is that the door?"Abby asked. I nodded my head and hugged her tight. I unlocked the door and a bright, white light shone. It was time.

"Goodbye, Abby, God Bless,"I said sweetly. She waved and stepped into the light. I closed the door behind her. I put my back against the wall and shut my eyes. I sang a little song to keep me calm:

When you are feeling down

And the world turns its back

Don't you feel lonely

Don't you feel sad

For I will be there when other's won't

I'll be the one who carries you when others won't

Cause' one day Peace will flow like river

A river to the place of your heart

I will be there for you when others won't